gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame painting
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame painting  (Read 1002 times)

Offline freshuk

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Frame painting
« on: May 11, 2014, 07:29 PM »
I know that powder coating is the most durable way of restoring a frame nowadays, but does anyone still bother with proper spray paint finishing?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Frame painting
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35 PM »
I know that powder coating is the most durable way of restoring a frame nowadays, but does anyone still bother with proper spray paint finishing?

Superbikedan still does wet painting.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

griff

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Yes  :daumenhoch:

Superbike Dan is a don with both powder and paint (I opted for paint as I wanted to see the welds properly on my ripper)

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:38 PM »
Paint looks better too IMO. I had both CW cruisers painted in order to keep the serial number detailed.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline freshuk

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Yes  :daumenhoch:

Superbike Dan is a don with both powder and paint (I opted for paint as I wanted to see the welds properly on my ripper)

That look's awesome, my thinking too. I have a rider for banging around on with my lad, but my other bikes are for me to gawp at to be honest, so worrying about chipping bits aint really an issue, thanks for replies chaps.

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 08:35 PM »
I prefer paint over powder especially with 2 - pack lacquer.

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 09:52 AM »
A lot of the old school colours can't be exactly matched with powder anyways... so paint for me every time. I think most wary stuff was paint anyways, I know my Redlines were>

SuperbikeDan is a legend at wet spray and colour matching  :4_17_5:

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Ive always opted for powder,but thats because they guy that does it for me is cheap and very good,but can you guys tell me how much it is to get a F&F spray painted as i have a couple that i wouldnt mind painted :daumenhoch:

graham
Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Ive always opted for powder,but thats because they guy that does it for me is cheap and very good,but can you guys tell me how much it is to get a F&F spray painted as i have a couple that i wouldnt mind painted :daumenhoch:

graham

It's generally cheaper if you do a decent job of prepping (read - stripping and cleaning) the frame etc yourself as it saves Dan time - pm him on here for prices :)

"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 01:16 PM »

graham

It's generally cheaper if you do a decent job of prepping (read - stripping and cleaning) the frame etc yourself as it saves Dan time - pm him on here for prices :)

Cheers Danny i will look up that thread in a wee bit,bloody glossing old beams and skirtings here nightmare,yeah will contact dan see how much it be,then the postage from n.ireland to him and back  ::)

Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Frame painting

gfxgfx
gfx gfx