gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Where to ride in Gloucestershire please folks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where to ride in Gloucestershire please folks  (Read 535 times)

Offline wilko1999

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Where to ride in Gloucestershire please folks
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Hi guys

New to the forum, I did a quick intro in the 'welcome' forum earlier this week.

Anyways, I've ordered my first ever BMX at the tender age of 39, and I'm all excited like a kid on Christmas eve. I'm massively into mountain biking, but after my first go on a BMX at Rush skaterpark Stroud last Friday I was hooked instantly and can't ever remember getting such a buzz from MTBing

So, I can ride at Rush, also there's a new maverick skatepark near me in Stonehouse and a biggie opening up in Cirencester soon. However I'm really keen to have a blast round a good old-fashioned BMX track. Does anyone know if there's any in or around Gloucestershire at all? Any other good places to try out?

Thanks in advance   8)

Wilko

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Where to ride in Gloucestershire please folks
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:49 PM »
Take a trip to see me in Hereford, we have a national standard track that's mint, and a huge Crete park

Offline wilko1999

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Cheers, sounds great, I'll definitely make my way up when my bike turns up and I've got used to it  8) I'll be seriously slow but I'm not bothered about that!

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 06:59 AM »
You could have a do at redhill extreme, it has a Fantastic 4x track and some good dirt jumps
http://www.redhillextreme.co.uk/main/
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 09:30 AM »
wilko where you from mate ? i'm from stroud :)
not sure if the track at robinswood hill gloucester is still there ,
Can you remember the track at ryeford ? i had some great times there back in the day
welcome to the forum by the way  :daumenhoch:
It comes out of the ground!

Offline wilko1999

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:32 AM »
Hi Benno, yes from Stroud mate funnily enough. I do remember it, very well, although as I was never allowed a BMX as a kid, I only ever went along on my hand-me-down 5th-hand upright touring-style bike and watched! I heard about the Robinswood track, apparently its still there but overgrown now. I'm thinking that one near Patchway Bristol is gonna be my best bet to give it a go. Definitely planning on heading to Redhill. A load of my mates ride it on 4X or mountain bikes, but apparently a lot of the stuff there was designed with BMX in mind too so should be a laugh.

Cheers, Wilko

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Where to ride in Gloucestershire please folks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx