gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 02:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Looking for some advice on a valuation please.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Looking for some advice on a valuation please.  (Read 909 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Looking for some advice on a valuation please.
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:16 AM »
Hey fella's,

I'm looking to put my October 85 Haro Master Freestyler up for sale in the next few week's and was wandering if you might be able to help me out with a valuation on it?

I got it from the States back in 2010 and it was white, not sure if it was NOS but the dropouts where in mint condition. I had it stripped and powdered dayglo orange by SBD that same year, then last June i had it stripped again and chromed :smitten:. The chromers did a great job apart from some over zealous polishing on the head stearer gusset thing and they have nearly rubbed off the double chevron on the left hand side :'(.

Apart from that i'd give the chrome a 9.5 out of 10, it really does look sweet :).

Here's some pic's.....

And here's one of the bike built up....

So chap's, i'm looking for a guide price on the frame/forks and the red(painted to look like anno) fork standers.

Thanks in advance for you're suggested guide prices ;)

Buz :daumenhoch:

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
Re: Looking for some advice on a valuation please.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:01 AM »
I wouldn't know.. But soprised none of the freestyle boys on here haven't come forward to help?
Griff loves BUM..

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Bit hard to say....but at a geuss someone would give you £300-350 for it.
Best thing to do is stick it up at what you think its worth, you will soon see or be told if you are out!
 :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19 PM »
from whats out there id say £400-£700

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:55 PM »
from whats out there id say £400-£700

Cheer's bud for the the price guide ;), i was hoping it would be something like that. I did sell a white 85 Master in white on the Bay 4yr's ago for £450(BIN). Wasn't sure what a chrome one would fetch.

Buz :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 11:14 PM »
I wouldn't know.. But soprised none of the freestyle boys on here haven't come forward to help?

I know what ya mean matey, 120 views and only 3 reply's......defo more quieter on here nowadays :(.  Must all be on facefook, and i don't do facefook :2gunsfiring_v1:

Buz ;)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:02 AM »
Hey Buz,

I sold my chrome 87 Master, Frame and Fork with the flip down standers for £400 a couple of years ago now. I had had re-chromed and it was mint.

Most people tend to go with painted Haro's these days for some reason, especially white, as that is the iconic colour from 80's.

I would put yours up for around £550, maybe throw in a headset to help the deal, and see what that brings buddy  :daumenhoch:

And you're right. I can't sell for shit on this site but it fly's out on FB mate. As a social media site, it is fast and you respond and add pictures in seconds on there which eases the whole sell process.

GLWS though buddy, lovely frame set  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 10:56 AM »
the problem with FB sales (in my view anyways) unless you know the person in some way or the part you're selling/buying isn't much and you're willing to risk it, you have a much greater risk of being done over as there's not any real come back is there?

At least on here or ebay you do have a level of protection, either from paypal or through people 'knowing' you on here.

As for stuff not selling on here?  my stuff doesn't sell either, i just put it down to the fact i'm asking too much, or it's just shyte  ;D

Offline Chapperz

• Curb Endo
  • Always too slow on the dib dobs!
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 11:26 AM »
the problem with FB sales (in my view anyways) unless you know the person in some way or the part you're selling/buying isn't much and you're willing to risk it, you have a much greater risk of being done over as there's not any real come back is there?

At least on here or ebay you do have a level of protection, either from paypal or through people 'knowing' you on here.

As for stuff not selling on here?  my stuff doesn't sell either, i just put it down to the fact i'm asking too much, or it's just shyte  ;D
Agree completely with your views.
It's only a matter of time before FB realise the monster that they're creating and then launch an app or something in competition to ebay (who have got far too greedy). The selling via facebook groups will in my opinion at some point be banned, so they can make money out of it. They let it happen now because they are building the market.

As Regards price i reckon Garlyscoots has pretty much hit the nail on the head, if selling on FB start with your desired price, with some room to manoevre. Adding an extra or two will only entice the punters. Alternatively going on Evilbay, factor in all your costs, fees and shipping and ebays cut of it too.
Cleethorpes Old School Ride Out 2018. 14th July 2018

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 11:34 AM »
like picks said^
and 360 to 450 on here i guess, and if it doesn't sell here, you can still put it on facepuke and try >450 there then :daumenhoch:

edit:
Agree completely with your views.
It's only a matter of time before FB realise the monster that they're creating and then launch an app or something in competition to ebay (who have got far too greedy). The selling via facebook groups will in my opinion at some point be banned, so they can make money out of it. They let it happen now because they are building the market.

Good thinking ..Agree totally .... and another reason for trying it on here first
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:41 AM by fischflo »

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 12:12 PM »
I can tell you with 100% authority that FB are looking into monetising sales activity within their site. Typically they're looking into an acquisition to plug in so they don't have to build it themselves...

1 more company absorbed into the oligopoly that is FB, 1 less opportunity for free competition...

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 12:14 PM »
As for selling Buz, £550 BIN on eBay would be my guess...

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 01:22 PM »
ebache

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 10:23 PM »
Cheers fella's,

Thanks for all you're estimates :daumenhoch:, gives me a good ball park figure all round ;).

Buz :coolsmiley:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Its quite hard to put a price on it Buz

You dont see many rechromed 85's and the decals throw an easy valuation out the window as they are not stock.

I am not knocking it in any way but I am looking at it and feel like I am not really sure what I am looking at

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 07:28 AM »
IMO Jaan is spot on. eBay stuffs eels to sell at good money if you put a higher price and accept best offer. The only problem is, you have to deal with all the dreamers who offer but have no money :idiot2:
Glws ;)

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 09:37 AM »
if you want to shift it quick then £400 on a good day but if happy to have for sale for ages then more but it`s got wrong stickers on it and chevron removed slight will stop certain people buying it .
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 12:37 AM »
if you want to shift it quick then £400 on a good day but if happy to have for sale for ages then more but it`s got wrong stickers on it and chevron removed slight will stop certain people buying it .

I appreciate what you're saying stuntmaster ;), i will be stripping the bike down soon and will also take the decals off and put some stock ones on. Then put it up for sale and see where that gets me.

Cheer's,....Buz :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Looking for some advice on a valuation please.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx