gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Reshaping/fitting out of shape tyres. Help!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Reshaping/fitting out of shape tyres. Help!  (Read 368 times)

Offline laidback

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Reshaping/fitting out of shape tyres. Help!
« on: April 30, 2014, 11:13 PM »
Evening fella's

I have a couple of pairs of white freestyle tyres i want to fit to the Decade. one pair is a pair of Panaracer HP406 which i believe are quite new.  The other pair are some Kenda K55 freestyle tyres.  The Panaracers seem to be nice and soft and flexible.  The Kenda's are a little harder. Both have slight bulges/creases/flat areas from where they've been stored.

i have tried mounting these on some Skyways a few times with little success.  They go on ok, but don't spin straight.  All seem to have a slight up down or side to side wobble. No matter how i try and mount them.

I have spent ages pushing areas on the rim/pulling the sidewalls up/inflating/deflating so the side wall lines up evenly all the way around, with limited success.

is there any way i can get the shape back into them so they mount and spin true?

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Reshaping/fitting out of shape tyres. Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25 AM »
Perhaps inflate to a mid point, where you just still can adjust the tire's positition, and then inflate fully. Just seems bit odd, that both tires would show the same degree of faultiness/sufficient insufficiency. :(

Offline laidback

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 11:31 AM »
I've tried that many times! i think they've gone out of shape from storage. The wheels a are true and spin nicely. i'll keep working on them ::)

Offline skippyg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19 PM »
have you tried warming them up ?

Online deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 10:25 AM »
are you going to ride on them or not?
If so I would be tempted to semi inflate then go for a ride-come back and inflate fully, might sort it!
 :daumenhoch:
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

rodriguez

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Skyways aren't the best rim to use as it can be difficult to get tyres to sit right at the best of times.

Try putting them on some alloys like arayas or ukais, you might find they are OK   :daumenhoch:

Offline laidback

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 10:55 AM »
Thanks for the advice chaps. I am currently working out a deal for some Pro Class V 'proper' wheels, so i'll see how i get on with them. I had the same issue with some Barefeet tyres, but they seem to be holding their shape much better after being ridden for a bit :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Reshaping/fitting out of shape tyres. Help!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx