gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My old BITD 88 sport
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My old BITD 88 sport  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Chrisw0801

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
My old BITD 88 sport
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:07 PM »
HI There PPL

Here is the start of my restore project for my old BITD bike. I built this bike probably around 1992-3 when i was offered the F&F for about £50 i think. I had a RL220 which most of the parts were on already but ditched it for the sport. I added bits along the way and ended up with this
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
It did have a seat and the seat post was intact until i lent it to a friend and this is how i got it back.

Anyway i dug her out of the shed about a month ago with the idea of bringing her back to her former glory, she is in a bit of a mess as you can see but not too bad compared to some ive seen

Offline Chrisw0801

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: My old BITD 88 sport
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:10 PM »
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Chrisw0801

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Ive totally stripped the wheels, cleaned greased and rebuilt them and the bike is now in bits ready for paint(been to see SBD), decals (Emailed and arranged with Del) and a few bits of rechroming i need doing will add more the further i get. Ive bought some new grips, seat and seat post was wondering what you thought about having the tips of the bars the same colour as the forks. Ive got clear grips so the colour will show through what do you think yay or nay??
I do need a crank for her tho as the one ive got the spider stay pin snapped off years ago after a bumpy landing

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 05:08 PM »
thats nice mate :4_17_5:  DO NOT REPAINT IT  :knuppel2: keep it OG  ;)

Offline Chrisw0801

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 05:15 PM »
I'd love to say yea but as it was my bike I need her taken back to her full glory

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My old BITD 88 sport

gfxgfx
gfx gfx