gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Can anyone tell me what these two frames are?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me what these two frames are?  (Read 993 times)

Offline Beaterman

• Curb Endo
  • If you can't Beater them.... Join em!
  • Rated:
Can anyone tell me what these two frames are?
« on: April 22, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the "All" white frame/white forks (7th in left to right) is and the dark grey/matt black one (8th in left to right) is please?

sorry - i know the dark coloured frame is hampered however it does have some recognisable decals... i think from late 90's maybe a mongoose?? - just cant put my finger on it!

The fist 6 (left to right.... i.e all the ones from Halfords) I'm not bothered about... just thought i spotted a couple of gems at the end????  :P

cheers

Who needs breaks when you have perfectly solid concrete!

Offline lewisjb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Can anyone tell me what these two frames are?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 04:06 PM »
Dark coloured frame is a X-rated Mosh. Halfords best. Giant also released a bmx in the early 2000 called a Mosh

Offline lewisjb

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 04:12 PM »
White on is possibly a Hoffman or and Eastern at a guess. Something early 2000. what ever it is i would say not worth alot. (i used to hate those giant nuts on top of the stem, if you caught your knee on it you would know about it.

Offline Blacky

• Rockwalk
  • 720 back tap to fakie in
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:57 PM »
Don't think the white ones a hoffman
same old same old

Offline Beaterman

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 06:52 PM »
Mongoose maybe? :-\

Offline maddison

• Curb Endo
    • Dubenhams.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 08:21 AM »
lets face it....it could be anything ????   :popcorn:

even with close ups of the headtube and gussets around that area...drop outs and decent side views...oh, and decent measurements of the TT, back end etc
even the most knowledgable would be guessing, there isnt much going on to give it away, backed up by a terrible picture & zero information  ....  haha

TT looks a bit beefy, which suggests 1st half of the 00's, 2000-2005
cant even see what type BB it has to help date it
Could be intergrated headset....or just painted cups, looks a bit angled for intergrated, but some did make them like that

IF i was gonna guess......and thats all your gonna ever get.....i'f guess FIT from around 2005

NO_ONE can answer the question on the info you have, all your ever gonna get is guesses (i realise from facebook, this is all the info you have)
basically, its some generic, decent make frame , about 21" tt from around 2005 - value wize....about £30 if you could ever confirm what it was, and even when its in your hands you may struggle to do that

^"^

Offline Beaterman

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:24 AM »
hay man, yeah cheers for that - i wish the picture was better to be honest however what i wish the most is that the seller know what he was selling! it would most certainly make things a lot simpler ha!...

I just thought posting in on a couple of sites - maybe someone would recognise something i was missing.....

all in all i think the summation is that its a great collection of frames - if you shopped at Halfords between 2000 and 2005 and you wanted a little more rust to your collection!!  :2funny:

thanks again!

Spk Soon

J

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:31 AM »
I can tell ya now if that frame was from the 90's even with that shot there's peeps on here would be able to tell you exactly what those frames were.

Prob is those frames are department store poo, I reckon there's not one there that's over 4 years old - most have mid BB's, but the prob with dept store bikes is they all kinda look the same.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Beaterman

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 09:36 AM »
I agree mate, totally - thats why i was only potentially interested in the 7th and 8th bike in (Left to right) it was thought that the all white frame may have been a Mongoose...

As nothing can be confirmed and as you rightly said - all department store bikes - nothing on there is for me at this stage - on the plus side! i have a beater coming today!..........    ;D :D ;D :D ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Can anyone tell me what these two frames are?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx