gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 10:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Something a bit different (worth a look)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Something a bit different (worth a look)  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Something a bit different (worth a look)
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:17 AM »
Ive got a coupe of cruiser projects on the go at the min but nothing like this.

It's been a while since I've really seen anything (different) out there that's got me excited & this is (in my eye is a beauty) & a real rarity &it looks well, classy.....

Make sure you scroll all the way down the advert as there's loads of extra pics.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BMX-1982-TRACKMASTER-PHANTOM-24-CRUISER-FRAME-FORK-BB-SEATPOST-RARE-/301128036100?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461ca12f04
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:22 AM by Funkyworm »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Something a bit different (worth a look)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 02:59 PM »
Love those dropouts and that bb is clever

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 03:23 PM »
very cool  8)

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 05:34 PM »
Loving that.......  :daumenhoch:

Offline Olphart

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Chromed - first strike
Repop post - 2nd strike
Where's the canti mounts - ???  - RRS was made by Trackmaster and they never offered a set minus the mounts so what cockamamie story will come of asking that question .... I've been weary of this individuals listings and pricing since I first noticed them  - but dodgy if ya ask me, and in today's hobby, if there's any question, I step.

Rare or not - how does he conclude its worth ? Apparently no one ever owned one so where's the sentimental value ? Or connection ? Not enough sales to gauge a price either, so where's the numbers from .... List that up on an open auction format and I'd be surprised if it got to $2000 in today's market

Yeah it's a cool piece - I suppose - but personally I wouldn't spend that on a worked over anything. 

rodriguez

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59 PM »
Radical but what he said   ::)

I'd like to have seen shots before the work, as I scrolled down I was thinking assuming it was rusted god only knows how thick the metal is now.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 06:54 AM »
Chromed - first strike
Repop post - 2nd strike
Where's the canti mounts - ???  - RRS was made by Trackmaster and they never offered a set minus the mounts so what cockamamie story will come of asking that question .... I've been weary of this individuals listings and pricing since I first noticed them  - but dodgy if ya ask me, and in today's hobby, if there's any question, I step.

Rare or not - how does he conclude its worth ? Apparently no one ever owned one so where's the sentimental value ? Or connection ? Not enough sales to gauge a price either, so where's the numbers from .... List that up on an open auction format and I'd be surprised if it got to $2000 in today's market

Yeah it's a cool piece - I suppose - but personally I wouldn't spend that on a worked over anything. 

The pics with it quite clearly show that it is a Trackmaster and not an RRS, Trckmaster did make the RRS frames though along with many other notable brands, Trackmaster sold the same frames with subtle differences directly to the public (see there ads) so maybe no canti mounts was the subtle difference for this frame.  The seller seems to warrant similar levels of interest as other notable American eBay sellers, maybe he is part of that exclusive club.

I quite like it and think it is very different from the norm regardless of the lack of sentimental value and like you don't think it is worth that much but maybe someone out there will...

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Something a bit different (worth a look)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx