gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  stem shaft sizes vary
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: stem shaft sizes vary  (Read 523 times)

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
stem shaft sizes vary
« on: April 13, 2014, 06:59 AM »
Hi all, I have asked a similar question before about a DK stem,
my dk stem was confirmed to being 20.9 mm shaft diameter when other peeps kindly measured the ones they had, I have a tuf neck that measures 20.7mm, the dk stem when nipping it up grabbed nicely on the quill but the tuf neck when i did the same had a bit of play and had to give it a bit more to get it tight.
The dk stem has knurling where the tuf neck doesn't, maybe this makes a difference
What bothers me with this is i've heard stories that if you over tighten the quill you can bury it into the steer tube distorting it ?.
Has anyone experienced  this happening ?  I thought the dk at 20.9 was verging on being too small ,
be interesting to know what the measurement is for a tuf/pro neck shaft, I want to use it but having second thoughts.

thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:01 PM by snoopy72 »

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: stem shaft sizes
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 07:25 AM »
The measures r correct . Sometimes they can b a little bit of play . Bit that's just how it was bitd 2 b honest . We do forget that these old bikes were never perfect bitd .

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: stem shaft sizes
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 07:31 AM »
Maybe i'm asking a bit much for perfection then :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:34 AM by snoopy72 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  stem shaft sizes vary

gfxgfx
gfx gfx