gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 11:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pics request ukbfa king of vert comps, first backyard jam
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pics request ukbfa king of vert comps, first backyard jam  (Read 1555 times)

stevenage kid

Pics request ukbfa king of vert comps, first backyard jam
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:34 AM »
Just thinking, my friend still has a copy of the twenty video which has hoffmans first backflip 180.  It was from a comp in mansfield remember being there, mad!!!!  on the swatch ramp etc.  bestwick pk ripper, 900 attempt, tabron, ollie.  bestwick and ollie hit 12ft, everyone was going crazy..  If someone can get hold of him, aman i remember who always used to have a vid cam running at loads of events was a guy called lincoln (phil dolans mate).  He has loads of old footage, backyards first jam (gerry g doing like 8ft on this midi ramp on someone elses bike).  anyone got old footage from around that time it would great to see some...

fraz167

Re: Pics request ukbfa king of vert comps, first backyard jam
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 09:15 AM »
lincoln blacksley

awesome flatlander if i remember

P0LL0

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Just thinking, my friend still has a copy of the twenty video which has hoffmans first backflip 180.  It was from a comp in mansfield remember being there, mad!!!!  on the swatch ramp etc.  bestwick pk ripper, 900 attempt, tabron, ollie.  bestwick and ollie hit 12ft, everyone was going crazy..  If someone can get hold of him, aman i remember who always used to have a vid cam running at loads of events was a guy called lincoln (phil dolans mate).  He has loads of old footage, backyards first jam (gerry g doing like 8ft on this midi ramp on someone elses bike).  anyone got old footage from around that time it would great to see some...

I was there as well, still got the ticket too!!!! Ollie went fecking OOOOGE! that day got loadsa pics of it, Gerry had a couple of big slams.
Do you remember Kevin Martins T-shirts he was selling? It was when New kids on the block were popular and he'd had some T's done saying "New kids on my Cock" well funny!!!!! he sold loads of em!

P0LL0

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 11:49 PM »
Gerry galley at Mansfield

The Flair

One of the two backflip attempts

Jason Davies

Ollie Mathews

P0LL0

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Hoffman 540 over Tabron 540

Bestwick

Hoffman other backflip attempt

stevenage kid

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 12:43 AM »
lincoln blacksley, yep he was quality flatlander.  Radhab cheers for those mansfield pics, i have only ever seen the vid of the comp.  Is it me or was hoffmans normal backflip high.  I am sure this is for debate, todays flairs are so different to the ones hoffman pulled.  he like did the whole flip and then pulled himself round 180, now they just do a corkscrew motion and just about go upside down!!!!  i persoanlly think this was hoffman at his peak.  Well good to see a pic of olly good friend of mine, went riding with himthe other week and he also shared why he gave up, another storey for another post...  Bit strange i can't believe i was there now!! crazy! any more pics, bestwicks front wheel after his 900 attempt!!! 

P0LL0

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 09:43 AM »
lincoln blacksley, yep he was quality flatlander.  Radhab cheers for those mansfield pics, i have only ever seen the vid of the comp.  Is it me or was hoffmans normal backflip high.  I am sure this is for debate, todays flairs are so different to the ones hoffman pulled.  he like did the whole flip and then pulled himself round 180, now they just do a corkscrew motion and just about go upside down!!!!  i persoanlly think this was hoffman at his peak.  Well good to see a pic of olly good friend of mine, went riding with himthe other week and he also shared why he gave up, another storey for another post...  Bit strange i can't believe i was there now!! crazy! any more pics, bestwicks front wheel after his 900 attempt!!! 

I have some more that i'll post a bit later, i would imagine Ollies reason for giving up was/is a lot like the rest of us, He used to go so big though, glad he's still riding a bit. Yeah Hoffmans backflips were that high but it was all still in the experimental stage as such back then and you'll remember what the reaction was to flair as well then!!!!! the crowd went fecking nuts hence the pictures being blurry!!
Who else did you ride with BITD???

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Hey Stevenage Kid,  next time you see Ollie, say hello to him for me. He'll barely remember me, but he came and rode my vert ramp back in 94  (the Upminster Barn Ramp) a couple of times. Right around the time he had Chase Gouin staying with him if i recall correctly.  He had a big slam at the end of the session one time, turndown to lever stuck in kneepad...... :shocked:

Rob Steele.

P0LL0

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Sh!te piccy but here's the ticket!

stevenage kid

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Rob i will, yep he had chase stayin with him and paul oscika, i have to say it was bizarre, one minute you were watching dorkin in york and next min your riding flatland upstairs at bowes with him...  i have to say my flatland improved for a couple of months (only)..  Well i was a resident down at bowes lyon (stevenage skatepark) for 7 years on and off.  I mainly rode with (tall scott) as he was known and nick prutton, he was just simply rad.. but we always had visitors, rob alton, phil dolan and lincoln and his whole rom crew, like gerry galley.  other regs were the st neots lot, mr clever curves himself, chilley ect..  Another guy who was quality a black guy called Doug ( if someone knows where he is or who i mean!!  We had a quality vert ramp there for years..  Ollie used to own that..  11ft easily, big carves, loads of lip tricks. Mason was regular.  For all the racers out there Nick Lacey was a good friend of mine...  also a bloke named juice, who was crazy...  i remember your name etc, wern't you sponsored and did some magazine work etc..

FIL EBZ

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I will always feel sick when i think of that comp as i missed the train and of course the whole weekend which about 5 from my town went and said it was a good laugh and some all night street sessioning going down aswell as history in the making.

i did a few of the Sheffield street jams and got to know Chris Hardy and George French quite well. Haven`t  spoken to many others who rode The Sheffield jams or the Nottingham Carve jam would love to amd if anyone has pics that would be great also.

Not to many people around riding (0 to 95 was there??

Fil :rant:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 01:01 AM »
Rob i will, yep he had chase stayin with him and paul oscika, i have to say it was bizarre, one minute you were watching dorkin in york and next min your riding flatland upstairs at bowes with him...  i have to say my flatland improved for a couple of months (only)..  Well i was a resident down at bowes lyon (stevenage skatepark) for 7 years on and off.  I mainly rode with (tall scott) as he was known and nick prutton, he was just simply rad.. but we always had visitors, rob alton, phil dolan and lincoln and his whole rom crew, like gerry galley.  other regs were the st neots lot, mr clever curves himself, chilley ect..  Another guy who was quality a black guy called Doug ( if someone knows where he is or who i mean!!  We had a quality vert ramp there for years..  Ollie used to own that..  11ft easily, big carves, loads of lip tricks. Mason was regular.  For all the racers out there Nick Lacey was a good friend of mine...  also a bloke named juice, who was crazy...  i remember your name etc, wern't you sponsored and did some magazine work etc..

Clever Curves.... is that Dave Moseley?  Chilly I know, firstly from Radlands and then as Rampchild of course, I worked for Fearless Ramps for a number of years so we bumped into each other from time to time.  Was Doug a vert rider?  I met a fella at the Hayes indoor park (before it moved to Gravesend) who spoke very fondly of the previous decade. He was smooth smooth smooth on that vert ramp.

Mason I've known since 82-83, he rode quite often at Rom.

I was sponsored, firstly by Chris Youngs Skyliners team and then with Big Glyn Lewis on Ammaco. Did a book and a few bits and bobs, but no magazine work that i'm aware of..... :)

P0LL0

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 07:48 AM »

Clever Curves.... is that Dave Moseley?  Chilly I know, firstly from Radlands and then as Rampchild of course, I worked for Fearless Ramps for a number of years so we bumped into each other from time to time.  Was Doug a vert rider?  I met a fella at the Hayes indoor park (before it moved to Gravesend) who spoke very fondly of the previous decade. He was smooth smooth smooth on that vert ramp.

Mason I've known since 82-83, he rode quite often at Rom.

I was sponsored, firstly by Chris Youngs Skyliners team and then with Big Glyn Lewis on Ammaco. Did a book and a few bits and bobs, but no magazine work that i'm aware of..... :)

What about the women only centrefold Rob?

By the way....Dave Mosely.....Top bloke :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pics request ukbfa king of vert comps, first backyard jam

gfxgfx
gfx gfx