gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 09:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bit of a stretch placing this in the old school (race) section but here you go
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bit of a stretch placing this in the old school (race) section but here you go  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
OK Finished it ! The 1st ever BMX that i had as a kid , my 1982/3 Marlboro Zapper ZRS Team edition. Factory spec & exactly as it came to me from the shop (Arnolds 2 wheelers in Loughborough) with black callipers & black top SR stem . it was never gonna be a show build or get re chromed but I love it & I'm glad i picked this over any burner or Puch that were on offer to me for the budget allowed. Even though they weighed a ton Marlboro did have a race team BITD so here goes.

Spec:

Frame: Marlboro Reynolds 501
Forks:  Marlboro Reynolds 501
Bars:   SR PRO BARS
Grips: Fuan F-1
Levers: Shimano DX (Style) MX logo
Callipers: Dia compe MX1000
Seat: Generic Aero it's a viscount in the brochure but i never had one on mine when i got it
Seatpost clamp : (Generic Tuf Neck style replacement) My original clamp lasted about 6 months so i replaced it with one of these as the time so this one has one also!
Headset: (Original)
Crank: Generic
Spider & Chain ring : SR 44t
Pedals: SR Graphite SP-513
Wheels: Generic Alloy
Tyres: Compe 3
Valve: Dice
Stem: SR
PADS: (Original), Stem pad missing )

Also as there was no information about on the brand i took the liberty to do some research & set up a Facebook page for the brand collation all of the images scans catalogues & information i could find on the brand all of that is here if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/MarlboroZapperBMX

(Big thanks to Del for utilising the artwork i sent to him in order to produce the decals as it's just completed the build in a way i never thought possible).

Marlboro PRO Team Rider Steve Bigland in Action Derby March 11th 1984 on his ZRS Team...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:18 PM by Funkyworm »

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
looks sweet mate :daumenhoch:  I love it when members build there childhood bike :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:42 PM by TORKER mick »

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
looks sweet mate :daumenhoch:

X2, I love these low end bikes.  :coolsmiley:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
thats ace..got to love a Zapper :daumenhoch:

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Good work, i scrolled down not expecting much, but really like it. Fat/thin tyres really work on race bikes. I like the rear dropouts too.
I Raced under the lights at derby a few times too, 86-7 mabye?

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
come to where the flavour is :LolLolLolLol:

just love these factory spec builds - top work, Cal, also with the page/group you set up and so :daumenhoch:

In2bmx

Top work , looks ace that .  :daumenhoch:

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Bit of a stretch placing this in the old school (race) section but here you go

gfxgfx
gfx gfx