gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 05:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WOW what an offer!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WOW what an offer!  (Read 672 times)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: WOW what an offer!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Look into my eyes.....

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Jono will have thought about this.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline thirteeneast

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:09 AM »
call me a skeptic, but some photos other than a box and someone else's listing of what an MX lever sells for?.

:LolLolLolLol: :Aresehole: 

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48 AM »
I agree. No mention of what colour the calipers, levers and cables are. Makes quite a difference to the value i would say. Also no mention of the condition. They may be NOS, but could be seconds, or have marks. Also, the dates on the caliper,cable and levers are all different, so none of them are true sets. No mention of the type of levers either. In my opinion, the date stamps on the cables are the least desirable dates too. These sets work out at £55 each, plus there will almost likely be customs duty to pay on this. That's a fair whack when you've bought something for almost 3 grand. Not the most expensive listing i've seen, but certainly not a bargain in my opinion, when you take all the above into account. This is the type of ebay description that really winds me up. Loads of stuff about how great a find it is & making bmx history etc, but we're still none the wiser on what we would reakly be buying after reading all his flannel.

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48 AM »
Cant see why he wouldnt open the box check contents  :-\  , they are still nos as they are individually boxed/sealed, its only the main shipping box.

If theres that much money then just sell em seperate , got to be easier that way.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Its my understanding that he knows whats in the box as he has another...  ;)

IMO the deal he is offering is sh1t  ;D

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 09:56 AM »
And the listing of the ones that 'just' sold, was at the end of last year, so nearly 4 months ago now. The ones that sold for that price look mint, and aopear to be a complete matching set, which these aren't. If you're trying to sell something for that amount, surely you WOULD open the box to show everyone what delights are inside? Not for me.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:05 AM »
If you look here http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/biggame_1975/m.html?item=301127111474&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562 you can see what they're like.

The levers are black and silver, my reckoning is that DC cobbled together mixed sets from what they had left in the factory making this an even more astute investment  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 10:07 AM »
Begs the question if they are so potentially valuable sold individually why doesn't he do it  :whistle:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 10:14 AM »
To be fair, a guy in aus has just got a box full too and sold them individually on ozbmx (all gone)

So they are still out there somewhere

Still a gamble to shell out that money though
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 11:39 AM »
Lot of these around funnily enough Dan i bought a pair of fronts with dc cables and black/silver levers they were being knocked out at 150 dollars posted got em before Christmas came  fantastic condition swapped spindle jobs a good en he had loads so theyve appeared from somewhere all black 83 calipers only issue cant find a back lever got 2 fronts
Jono

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WOW what an offer!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx