gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 02:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bottom Bracket Probs!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bottom Bracket Probs!!!  (Read 671 times)

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Bottom Bracket Probs!!!
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:57 PM »
I am trying to put the bearing cups into a skyway streetbeat,ihave tried a few different sets,and have been battering at it and greased them all but they wont go in,is there a certain opc cup thats needed for the streetbeat?...or how do you get them back in???
Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Bottom Bracket Probs!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:01 PM »
I am trying to put the bearing cups into a skyway streetbeat,ihave tried a few different sets,and have been battering at it and greased them all but they wont go in,is there a certain opc cup thats needed for the streetbeat?...or how do you get them back in???

Has your Beat had fresh powder or paint?  ???

There may be a build up on the inside of the BB, this will need to be sanded down or use a Dremel to make it easier.  :daumenhoch:

What type of BB you using? I had a Tange on mine, it was fine.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:10 PM »
What dan said.

I've had to do it with all my beats. Just get a dremel and take the powder off from inside the bb.
Even take a minute skim from the bb itself, grease it up and knock it in with a rubber hammer or use some threaded rod with bolts either side and some blocks and tighten.....it should then go in.

Steve.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:20 PM »
What dan said.

I've had to do it with all my beats. Just get a dremel and take the powder off from inside the bb.
Even take a minute skim from the bb itself, grease it up and knock it in with a rubber hammer or use some threaded rod with bolts either side and some blocks and tighten.....it should then go in.

Steve.

Every bike I've built, I've banged the cups in no probs, but with my orange Beat I decided to use a press to put them in to protect Dan's amazing paint job, and guess what, the paint cracked.  ::)

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:57 PM »
ok i'll go and remove some paint of it,ive a tange one somewhere but am stumped if i can find it,let yous know how it goes,might need another beat by the time am finished with it :D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Never had an issue with any of mine  ???

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 08:41 PM »
I've always used a long bolt. I put a drilled out block of wood at either end and tighten.  :daumenhoch:

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:30 PM »
SORTED... thank god still had to bash it in though and that was after i used the dremel and grinded a bit of the cups,bloody things :2funny: ...i must remember the other ideas you mention aswell :D

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 04:20 PM »
I've always used a long bolt. I put a drilled out block of wood at either end and tighten.  :daumenhoch:
thats the best method. you can lock the cups in the bb shell if you get them at a slight angle, and theyll go no further. with the par you can place them flush before tightening.
I want to touch ORB

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 05:50 PM »
cheers marc oberon  :2funny: i seen him a few time excellent when i was back in my younger day of my rocker on microdots  "wantit"
fook they were good old days :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Bottom Bracket Probs!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx