gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New boy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New boy  (Read 654 times)

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
New boy
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Hi all,

I'm about to set out on my first re-build. Had myself various bikes, silverfox, skyway TA, TRM freestlyer & finally an 84 Master back in the day, Its the Haro I'd like to re create.
Any advice & help would be great, just a few questions. Can you buy the new style Skyways and fit a coaster brake? How do the new hubs stand up to pegs? >:D :shocked:
Has any body been able to source the ol MKS graphite pedals? Not on the bay but from a shop. I got some for my Hoffman Condor
around 6 years ago, but can no longer find any.

Just thought I'd mention an old school tale. I had one of the first 84 Master's imported into the country for christmas 83 (good ol mum & dad)
but after spending hours trying to get a standard b&b set to fit (I managed 5hrs later, it was just to small) the coaster part of the frame broke on me first ride.
The replacement frame was completely different & I'm guessing your normal 84 beasty. The first one had a steeper head tube angle and small dia tubing
to the rear.

I've noticed that all the NOS Haro Masters are 85's with the foot platforms. I'm guessing the market died a bit that year. Do your feet clip the frame when riding
this frame, like it would with those old curved foot stands that were bolted on?

Thanks

Mark :

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: New boy
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:16 PM »
as long as you aint got size 18's mark, your heels wont clip those platforms, i had one that i rode for a year or so 18months ago.....go for it

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
Re: New boy
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Thanks Dave,

Think Ill be investing very soon.

Mark

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  New boy

gfxgfx
gfx gfx