gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:05 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Vector bar confusion ....Watch out
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vector bar confusion ....Watch out  (Read 2805 times)

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Vector bar confusion ....Watch out
« on: August 14, 2006, 03:27 AM »
I just thought i would post this as there seems to quite a few Bob haro signiture bars out their that aren't the real i am .They tend to go for good money so i thought i'd stick some pics up to help those who ain't sure , these sellers may not even know what they actually have as its hard to tell if you don't know what your looking for .
These photos below show original vectors .

Originals can have non splined stem shafts (early) or the later splined shafts and the bolt head simply rests on top of the shaft.
Copy bars have a long shaft and the top of the shaft has a insert in for the bolt head to seat in .
The biggest giveaway is the shape , the copy bars are much narrower from where the bars are welded from the stem and the V shape is much steeper compared to the originals .
Also when the copy bars are fitted to a bike they are completly the wrong angle and sit way back .
Hope this helps both buyers and sellers .
here is a set of copy bars on the bay at the moment......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vector-BMX-Bob-Haro-Signature-Series-Bars_W0QQitemZ300016187832QQihZ020QQcategoryZ22677QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Vector bar confusion ....Watch out
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 04:16 AM »
Good shout jay ;)

Bren Gunn

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:06 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 11:00 AM »
phew...125 quid too.
I want to touch ORB

slowpoke24

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 05:37 PM »
Nice one Jay

dj_benice

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 10:13 AM »
Lee,

Looking at the sunk allen head bolt based on the above would say yes are fake but hey my knowledge is limited to what Jay was kind enough to share so don't take it as gospel ;D

Peter

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 10:26 AM »
Yeah its hard to tell from those photos , what i said about the angles ,escpecially when they are fitted, But as peter said , the stem shaft bolt is that of the copy bars , so pretty sure they are copies.

Jay

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Real Vector bars tend to come with a Hex nut stem bolt not an allen bolt(unless replaced at some time)... the hex nut is also imperial size. The spread on the original bars is greater too ;)
 The way those bars on the Haro sit back is a give away... they are copies i think.
The guy selling the bars maybe doesn't know they are not genuine unless he badged them himself  ::)
 Real Vector bars tend to come with a Hex nut stem bolt not an allen bolt... the hex nut is also imperial size.

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 10:31 PM »
yeah real Bob Haro Replica Vector bars came a hex head bolt , However the same bars were renamed later , Identical bars but have the UNLIMITED Decal on them instead of the Bob Haro signiture and they came with a Allen bolt which is potts mod , but doesn't seat into the stem shaft like those copy bars , It just sits on top, as does the hex bolt on top of the shaft on the originals.

More confusion  ;D

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Kool i did not know that  :)
I think they had to call them replica bars because vector stopped sponsoring him and as a result the Bob Haro Signature bars became Bob Haro Replica bars  :)

mark j

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 01:00 AM »
I bought some copies a few years ago to put on a master, I'm only 5'8" and with the angle as far back as it was it made the bike too small and i could nearly put my bell in my mouth...I'd put one on to warn pedestrians of my passage. :police:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:05 PM by mark j »

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 04:01 PM »
thanks Jay, this is a big help, as I was looking to get a pair of these, but it's a bit of a minefield  :daumenhoch:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 12:19 PM »
This is a great thread . . . thanks for sharing this info Jay  :daumenhoch:

Steve

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Vector bar confusion ....Watch out

gfxgfx
gfx gfx