gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:37 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Vector pro bars with Alan key bolt?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vector pro bars with Alan key bolt?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Vector pro bars with Alan key bolt?
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:22 PM »
 Hi first post on Rad just looking for some vector pro bar info.I am building a vector mark 2 gen 3, I've seen some vector pro bars with a Alan key bolt, this as got me thinking are these fake, did the pro bars ever come with Alan key nut I thought it should be a hex nut.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
Re: Vector pro bars with Alan key bolt?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:13 PM »
Hi first post on Rad just looking for some vector pro bar info.I am building a vector mark 2 gen 3, I've seen some vector pro bars with a Alan key bolt, this as got me thinking are these fake, did the pro bars ever come with Alan key nut I thought it should be a hex nut.

Cant say with 100% certainty, all I can say that what i've owned, Bob Haro, Expert, and Pro have all had a regular nut mate.

Saying that the bars could have an after market bolt and wedge...

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:25 PM »
Thanks jaan I'll try and post a pic of them soon, the guy says it's the original bolt and wedge.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 03:14 PM »
These are probably my favorite bars! Have you got the 8 inch rise ones or the crazy 11 inch ones? I picked up a set of 8 inch rise Pro bars a couple of weeks ago and they have the hexagonal nut.

You might be able to gain some more info from this period advert... maybe weigh yours and check measurements to confirm authenticity?

I will be looking forward to seeing some photo's of your Vector when it's finished  :daumenhoch:
Funking in your space since 1984.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 03:48 PM »
I've just had a quick scan in the Vector bikes section on the Museum and can only see hex nuts on all of the examples there also.

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Thanks ding that's all I can see the hex nuts ones, I haven't got them yet there on ebay Australia
I now it's messing getting them from there but if the price is right! This is cheeky but would you have a look at them dinglem there the white ones, he's painted them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you think.Or if you have any leads on where I can get a v good set in chrome in the uk.Would be a great help in the build.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Thanks ding that's all I can see the hex nuts ones, I haven't got them yet there on ebay Australia
I now it's messing getting them from there but if the price is right! This is cheeky but would you have a look at them dinglem there the white ones, he's painted them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you think.Or if you have any leads on where I can get a v good set in chrome in the uk.Would be a great help in the build.

Yeah - no worries. I'll take a look. Can you post up the link to them please as i can't seem to find them....  :-\

It's not so bad shipping in from Aus actually; i've found a lot of the BMX guys over there to be a really friendly bunch  :daumenhoch:

I got my bars sent over from the US, so if the sale price is decent the shipping costs don't seem too prohibitive.

If you're into Vector stuff and are building one you might be interested in seeing the pair of NOS Vector Ultimate PV-1 pedals I've just posted in the 'Race Parts' section on here. I sourced those from Aus and the guys there even helped me locate a pair of 9/16 spindles for them (they came with 1/2inch). They're pretty funky and don't come up for sale very often at all! Always liked the unique Vector look!!

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 05:47 PM »
An allen key bolt isn't OG.

Lets have a link so we can check the bars  :daumenhoch:

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Had a look at your pedals ding soooooooo nice. Here is the link I hope, bit of a gimp with adding links.

End time: 16 Feb 2014 04:04:02 GMT

View item:
Old School Bmx 80's Vector Handlebars

Sent from my iPad

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 07:01 PM »
What's the eBay item number? (should be a looooong number) as i still can't see them...

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Hi sorry for p*** poor effort at link, here is the item number 271398911846 on Australian ebay.

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 08:08 PM »
That's got 'em  :daumenhoch:

Price looks good (so far...)

Have you checked they will post to the UK? Don't forget you'll pay some customs/import duty on the total price too  :tickedoff:

The top nut does look like it is made to fit, but i have never seen one like that before. There are some hardcore Vector collectors on the Museum that will be able to advise you more i'd imagine.

(look up '12welvemonkeys' on there in the members listing)

I'd also get the seller to confirm that there is nothing naughty hidden beneath the paint if you are intending to strip and re-chrome them. I'm assuming they are the 8 inch rise ones looking at the pics, but might be worth getting confirmation on that too just to be sure. The 11inch rise ones look way bigger than those.

Lovely bars though; there's nothing else quite like them plus you get the grips too!!!  ;)

Offline sweetg

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Thanks a lot dinglem just waiting on a pp price of him and if the price is right! If not iam on lookout for a set prefer the 11" pro ones. I've seen post from 12 monkeys seems like the guru of vectors....he's just got rid of a set of pros in January but didn't want to ship to uk for them, real good price to.

Offline kang

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I have Haro Vectors with original hollow allen bolt, if that's any help?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Vector pro bars with Alan key bolt?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx