gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  What mid cruiser would these bars suit ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What mid cruiser would these bars suit ?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
What mid cruiser would these bars suit ?
« on: February 05, 2014, 10:10 PM »
Picked up an old school survivor the other day.
It had obviously been somewhat modified in the 90's as many did.

But I've never seen this done before....     Cutting the bottom off a set of 1st gen Peregrine Q bars and using the ladder bar as the clamping area for the stem  :shocked: :shocked:

They do however make a nice set of cruiser bars at 28.5"wide x 6.5"rise

So what cruiser do you think they would suit???

:daumenhoch:
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
Re: What mid cruiser would these bars suit ?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40 PM »
They come up sweet !!! Good job Steviebum.. Christ knows what cruiser they would go on.. Looking forward to seeing the rest of this find. :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:42 PM »
Mid school flatland riders used to do this to their bars  :daumenhoch:

Offline waller

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 10:54 PM »
I ran a cut down set on my  dyno in 95 ish
think I still have them but cant find them

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 07:07 AM »

Is there a market for them now?

Too good to throw away,
 I was thinking of making some kind of display stand out of a load of handle bars and frames  :-\

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 07:23 AM »

Is there a market for them now?

Too good to throw away,
 I was thinking of making some kind of display stand out of a load of handle bars and frames  :-\

Not so sure there would be a wide market for them but to somebody that ran their bars like this back in the day I would say its quite possible?

For me personally they would be too low but it was a trend at the time that a number of riders adopted.  Its a bit like really narrow bars....again they were no good for me but for certain individuals it was great  :daumenhoch:

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 08:33 AM »
That's what pissed me off about Mid-school. Intentionally making things look crap. >:( Not because you needed too, but because you could.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:50 AM »
That's what pissed me off about Mid-school. Intentionally making things look crap. >:( Not because you needed too, but because you could.

Yeah, cos Q bars looked ace-balls before cutting down (said with sarcasm incase that doesn't come accross)  :LolLolLolLol:

Did you get them cut down Q's via Alex? Seem to remember him showing us a pic with some cut-downs.
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 06:43 PM »

Someone is lacking some mid school history then.... It wasn't done to look crap. It was done to lower the front end beyond what could be done with conventional parts. Jesse Puente was the first guy to do this (as seen in pic below). This modification later led him to designing a signature set of bars for Graveyard which were based on the geometry of the cut down Q bars.

So now you know (and don't have to come across as ignorant in future posts).  ;)

***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 07:22 PM »

Did you get them cut down Q's via Alex? Seem to remember him showing us a pic with some cut-downs.

No, they came on a OS frame set that had been modernised in the 90's

It was done to lower the front end beyond what could be done with conventional parts. Jesse Puente was the first guy to do this (as seen in pic below). This modification later led him to designing a signature set of bars for Graveyard which were based on the geometry of the cut down Q bars.

That looks a lot better than the bike mine came off.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 02:06 PM »

Someone is lacking some mid school history then.... It wasn't done to look crap. It was done to lower the front end beyond what could be done with conventional parts. Jesse Puente was the first guy to do this (as seen in pic below). This modification later led him to designing a signature set of bars for Graveyard which were based on the geometry of the cut down Q bars.

So now you know (and don't have to come across as ignorant in future posts).  ;)

Not an ignorant comment, just one based on my experiences of mid school. Saw many mods (mainly seemed to be bars) that were done for no other reason than to be different. It obviously worked for for Jesse. I don't like the look of the bars, but thats just my opinion. Nothing wrong with that.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  What mid cruiser would these bars suit ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx