gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mid school 89-
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mid school 89-  (Read 6929 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Mid school 89-
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 02:10 PM »
We are many things......but in charge? No  ;D

rodriguez

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58 PM »
Fookin 86 mid school  :2funny: :2funny:

Actually checking back through the midschool age threads, it was decided by the members on here that midschool was to start at 1987.

On the other big forums midschool is as follows: 

Vintagebmx 1986
RADBMX 1987
BMX Society 1988
OZBMX 1990's

Dordy made a couple of good points on FB, first one was ask someone into mid school when it started they'd say 90's.

Stidds you're saying it was voted on by Radsters, I say the vote was a done deal because if you ask most Radsters when old school ended and they'd say 86-87, up until recently I would have agreed with that because that's when it stopped for me and probably the majority of Radsters, on the other hand my younger brother and his mates were riding old school BMX up until around 90 and they were old school bikes, in reality BMX was dying and continued to do so until around 90 then enter Hoffman and rider owned companies.

Second point Dordy made was why do we need to be guided by the US sites as they are full of shit, I totally agree with that.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 04:43 PM »
its like arguing when rave started or when the reniassance finished. it is different for different people . so in short there is no right answer only a point in time that has to exist to run the category in show and shine

so , you decide and the category exists to make it possible to run the event

such is life

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 04:46 PM »
its like arguing when rave started or when the reniassance finished. it is different for different people . so in short there is no right answer only a point in time that has to exist to run the category in show and shine

so , you decide and the category exists to make it possible to run the event

such is life

That kinda sums it up Rich ... I can live with that 👍
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 05:58 PM »

Dordy made a couple of good points on FB, first one was ask someone into mid school when it started they'd say 90's.

Stidds you're saying it was voted on by Radsters, I say the vote was a done deal because if you ask most Radsters when old school ended and they'd say 86-87, up until recently I would have agreed with that because that's when it stopped for me and probably the majority of Radsters, on the other hand my younger brother and his mates were riding old school BMX up until around 90 and they were old school bikes, in reality BMX was dying and continued to do so until around 90 then enter Hoffman and rider owned companies.

Second point Dordy made was why do we need to be guided by the US sites as they are full of shit, I totally agree with that.

See this is the problem, different people say different dates, who is right and who is wrong?  If the mid-schoolers all say opposing years then what chance is there.

Just because somebody thinks that he wants it as 90- doesn't make it correct, it just makes it that persons opinion.

To be perfectly honest I don't know why I am arguing as I originally set the midschool section up as 1990-2000 and people moaned about the dates then, now it seems I may have been right... who'd have thunk it eh?

As for agreeing with the American's, maybe it is not so much we are agreeing with them, more like all 3 sites are in agreement.  If vintage/society/RADBMX members (remember it is the member who chose not admin) all think that mid-school starts 86/87/88 then maybe that is roughly where it began. 

As the saying goes if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck then maybe it really is a fooking duck.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:00 PM by stidds »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Poor ole stidds gets it every time over this lol.
You should have left it as it was Sean. You were right after all  :nuts:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:05 PM by dordymush »
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 06:06 PM »
Poor ole stidds gets it every time over this lol.
You should have left it as it was Sean. You were right after all  :nuts:

Its crazy Dave, I actually did get it right, I am going to change it to 95-97 that will sort the men out from the boys  :LolLolLolLol:

rodriguez

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2014, 09:01 PM »
its like arguing when rave started or when the reniassance finished. it is different for different people . so in short there is no right answer only a point in time that has to exist to run the category in show and shine so , you decide and the category exists to make it possible to run the event

such is life

I agree with you totally and to that end I think the sections should be just given names on the site because they are vague and defined in years at MK for the S&S.

See this is the problem, different people say different dates, who is right and who is wrong?  If the mid-schoolers all say opposing years then what chance is there.

Just because somebody thinks that he wants it as 90- doesn't make it correct, it just makes it that persons opinion.

To be perfectly honest I don't know why I am arguing as I originally set the midschool section up as 1990-2000 and people moaned about the dates then, now it seems I may have been right... who'd have thunk it eh?

As for agreeing with the American's, maybe it is not so much we are agreeing with them, more like all 3 sites are in agreement.  If vintage/society/RADBMX members (remember it is the member who chose not admin) all think that mid-school starts 86/87/88 then maybe that is roughly where it began. 

As the saying goes if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck then maybe it really is a fooking duck.

Yeah, you were right on the start date although it stretches past the millenium by a couple of years and that seems to be the general concensus amongst mid-shoolers in fact if you look in the section you'll see bikes from the early 2000's.

Alright so we didn't follow the Americans, it was the vote which IMHO was flawed but do we have to be the same as them? The BMXsociety certainly know their stuff about vintage and old school but I don't think the same applies about mid-school or even OS freestyle for that matter, content on their sites clearly reflects that.

Never been on vintage heard on here it was shit so never bothered.

Just because it's born in a stable doesn't mean it's a horse.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:10 PM by rodriguez »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2014, 09:15 PM »

Oooh I like that one, top quoting Sir   :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Offline rad_pitt

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2014, 09:37 PM »
What the fook happens after new school?  :LolLolLolLol: it'll be like the millennium bug.

rodriguez

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2014, 10:01 PM »

Oooh I like that one, top quoting Sir   :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Cheers, don't think I got it word for word though   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2014, 10:28 PM »
What the fook happens after new school?  :LolLolLolLol: it'll be like the millennium bug.

that'll be newest school = 2010 onwards ..according to dordy's theory . simple, manageable, consistent.

bashguards and threadless forks are then rather characteristics than definitions of the categories.

good discussion! ^"^

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2014, 11:09 PM »
the only one's that say mid school as 87 were the ones that quit riding around then, for those of us who never quit would say 89-90.  :police:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2014, 11:30 PM »
the only one's that say mid school as 87 were the ones that quit riding around then, for those of us who never quit would say 89-90.  :police:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Well that is no help John, is it 89 or 90?  This is always the problem for one it is 87 or 88, but for you it is 89 or 90.  However for others it is 1" headsets and caliper brakes but there are 1994 bikes with 1" and caliper brakes, so did midschool not start until 1994?

So you see the problem, nobody is able to agree a year or a standard to run to.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:32 PM by stidds »

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2014, 11:44 PM »

that'll be newest school = 2010 onwards ..according to dordy's theory . simple, manageable, consistent.

bashguards and threadless forks are then rather characteristics than definitions of the categories.

good discussion! ^"^

Old school = 1inch threaded headset, caliper only brake and pre 2000, everything else is contemporary BMX, until the next major change in design n tech outdates what at present recognised as the norm

and anyway, does it reeeeeeeally fookin matter as long as you can find what yer lookin for  :)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2014, 11:55 PM »
I would say if you read back most the replies and yours our stidds 1990 is what the majority say.
I gotta be honest I thought when the vote thing happened it was 1990 that came out on top.
But saying that I can't remember yesterday so take no notice of me  :crazy2:
I just find it funny that later streetbeats gt and them trickstar 2 things can be classed as mid school in the show and shine along side of standard/s&m/2hip/Hoffman etc.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2014, 12:05 AM »
I didn't vote for the date but somebody did....

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,163914.0.html

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2014, 01:19 AM »
Dans only happy about it as the Pratt has a maddog.
Not that I want it or anything  :whistle:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2014, 02:30 AM »

:daumenhoch:  Yup. I'm right with you on that one.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2014, 02:39 AM »

:daumenhoch:  Yup. I'm right with you on that one.

Well that's a load of bollocks cos I didn't quit and I think '87's about right - so na-na-na-na-naaaaaaa.

(personally couldn't give a toss really)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Mid school 89-

gfxgfx
gfx gfx