gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Synstrip
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Synstrip  (Read 691 times)

Offline Sc0tty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Synstrip
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:03 PM »

Hi guys, anyone know if I can get Synstrip in any quantities less the 5litre please ?

All I want to do is strip the paint off an old 80's Dyno detour bike frame !

Failing that, if anyone has a 5L tub can they please sell me a small pot of the magic synstrip gunk??!!!!! :)

Offline hokuspokus74

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Synstrip
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Hi

What about if you went to your local car body repair shop and see if they have any or look up ones and contact them,i will go to the body repair shops near to me and if i get some,i will send you some.

regards
graham
Too many cool bikes out there,  not enough money in my wallet :D

rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 10:11 PM »
I was going to send some recently but couldn't find a suitable container that was rebust enough, I tried a milk container and a fabric conditioner container, both containers ballooned up after a while so there was a big risk of them bursting during handling.

If you google dichloromethane you'll see that's it's pretty nasty stuff and I decided I wasn't going put some poor sod at risk.

i think this is the same stuff

https://www.theonestopplasticsshop.co.uk/glues-x-500ml-cans-dichloromethane-p-8925.html

or you could use this gasket remover

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAS-PAINT-AND-GASKET-REMOVER-AEROSOL-SPRAY-500ML-/301066969005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4618fd5fad

Offline Sc0tty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Many thanks guys for the replies.  Does anyone have the remains of an old 5 litre tub that they no longer need? I can buy the  remainder. If anyone lives or works locally to Wokingham, Reading or Bracknell and is happy to meet up I am more than happy to exchange some beer money for say a litre of the stuff?!! ;) :)

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Synstrip

gfxgfx
gfx gfx