gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975622 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 04:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Sport advice
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Sport advice  (Read 1883 times)

Offline VtgChrome

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Haro Sport advice
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:59 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, hopefully in the right section to ask about Haro Sports? I'm completely out of the loop with BMX's - been 25 years since i owned one, a second hand Curtis freestyler with bent forks!

I'd like to get myself a Haro Sport, the bash guard model, just wondering if anyone could tell me what years they were made and if there was any particular years that are more desirable or indeed less so. I'm not looking for anything in show condition, just an original a bike as possible and some advise on what they go for.

Thanks in advance for any help  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:09 PM by ED209 »

Offline skidmark

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Sport advise
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Welcome matey, I think the Bashguard Sports were out from about 92-95.  There's usually a couple come up for sale every now and then, and they were all the same as far as I know, forks changed slightly.
 :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:57 PM »
i think 1990 was the earliest bashguard sport ?  tough to get hold of,   ally bash plate and coaster bracket ,

most consider a  '91 as the one to have , had a few  :daumenhoch:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/haro/'model=150&year=1990

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:01 PM »
The first bashy sport came out in 1990, it was only available as a frame and fork not a complete bike. The bash plate was alloy just like the 90 bashy master. The platform by the seat tube was a flat plate. The forks were similar to the master forks but had flat platform standers that were originaly fitted to the 85 master/sport. These ar as rare as fook.

The 1991 bashy had a plastic bash plate and an oval platform by the seat post, it had peg mounts on the forks and on the rear of the frame.

The 1992 and 1993 bashy sports are the same as the 91 but the peg mounts at the rear have now gone. The forks still have screw in peg mounts.

1994 had no peg mounts on the frame or forks and the seat post tube was fatter so it could accept a 25.4 post instead of a 22.2 which all of the above had.

The 1995 was the same as the 94 but the forks had a round cut out for big pegs to be mounted.

In 1996 the sport changed its name to the Haro basher, it was also made of trimoly, all the above sports were full chromoly.

The earlier the model that you get the more it will be worth.  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Sport advice
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 07:25 PM »
nice comprehensive answer from Stu there  :daumenhoch:

I'm a big bashguard Sport fan ... the 91 is the top of the pile for many reasons ... mainly for me its the graphics  8) stretched photocopy cogs and Helvetica ... Neville Brody graphic style  :4_17_5:

Heres a few I've had a hand in ... the chrome ones are 93/94 with 91 decals  :daumenhoch:

which started like this ...

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline VtgChrome

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 07:45 PM »
Thanks for the replies, some great info there. Some lovely examples ED209, i'm really sold on the '91 model.

What would be a guide price for a nice original example?

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Thanks for the replies, some great info there. Some lovely examples ED209, i'm really sold on the '91 model.

What would be a guide price for a nice original example?

1991 frame and fork £400 to £600 depending on condition and what extra you got with it  :daumenhoch:

your best bit is to look for a 93/94 complete and restore it  :daumenhoch: try a pm to Graham 'Wadz' ... I think he has a 93 that hes looking to move on.

That black 91 is still sat in my loft ... guy from Auz brought it but has only paid half ... that went for £600 but he got a Fusion stem, chainwheel, 4 x pegs, nos bashguard, seat and post with it  :smitten: been waiting 8 months for the money ... unfortunately he is really ill and in hospital ... cheery story .. sorry.

Dylan Thomas

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:21 PM »
Colour is what effects the price for a mint lime your pay £400 + yet a blue nos one went £250 on eBay the other day, i sold a lime f/f which was very well used for similar money as a very very mint black n orange f/f between £2-300 seem right for somthing that needs paint and decals, defo go for a 91 tho by far the best model :daumenhoch: I had a 90 there boring to look at, a lime 91 is sex on wheels!!
Mid school baby!!

Offline VtgChrome

• Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 02:10 PM »
Thanks again for the info. I'd prefer to buy a complete bike if possible, building something up from a f+f does look like a lot of fun but maybe a bit pricey for me.

Must say i like them in black or chrome but i'm not too fussy. I'll have to keep an eye on the classifieds and maybe get in contact with the member ED209 mentioned.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 05:25 PM »
you're all wrong black frame orange forks was the proper one  :yahoo_silent:     :LolLolLolLol:

defo talk to Wadz as Ed mentioned pretty sure he was on about shifting his on   :daumenhoch:    plus i think it's pretty much complete so a good start for a restoration project ,   :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 11:46 PM »
black / orange or lime / black ... both sexy  :daumenhoch:

Dylan Thomas

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 04:47 PM »
used to like the look on yer face when you constantly asked to swap n i said i'd think about it , 

like teasing a little puppy with a chocky bicky ........... :LolLolLolLol:   

sorry vtg this sort of snaking happens in most threads on here you'll get used to it  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:56 PM by oldtired »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Sport advice

gfxgfx
gfx gfx