gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 10:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Rush Skatepark Stroud
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rush Skatepark Stroud  (Read 1510 times)

Offline stuartd

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Rush Skatepark Stroud
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:48 AM »
It opened early December 2013 and I've visited this place a few times over the xmas period with my youngest son (8 1/2) great park well laid out with differesnt stuff for different styles, street, big bowl section , slightly less intimidating bowl section, resi ramp .. trails section and a foam pit with a huge drop in.. lots of staff and first aiders about which is always reassuring. BMX only nights too

Good to see more of these places opening up , lets just hope it can make money and keep open, I would advise yo to give the beginners sessions a miss as there's lots of very young ones on scooters and they just have no awareness at all..

Anybody within a 50 mile radiius get yourself down there.. if we don't support these places we will loose them .

Might look into hiring the place out for private sessions for RAD members next time i'm there.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Rush Skatepark Stroud
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 01:51 PM »
I'd be up for a private session. It's about 130 miles from me, About the same as Flo and T1. Just means going sideways instead of up. :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36 PM »
Seen some pics in this months Ride magazine looks huge, Would love to have a ride in this place :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 05:49 AM »
Pickle is getting a price  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 07:17 AM »
Ok, I've been in conflab with Michelle at the park but it isn't great news i'm afraid  :-\

They have very strict rules placed upon them by the local council and due to them being right next to residential properties, they can only open up to 7:30pm at weekends and 9:30pm weekdays.

They won't let us book out Saturday afternoon/evening as it's always so busy they actually have to turn people away.

The only day they can give us is Monday evening and i'm fooked if i'm driving 2+ hours for a Monday evening.

:(

Bru

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:27 AM »
That's a shame!  :(

Offline stuartd

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 04:46 PM »
It is a great park , I've ridden it 4 times now and it's got a bit of everything .. shame the council are twats though.. it's not that built up round there . It's on a small industrial estate and I very much doubt that it generates much noise ..

but hey that's councils for you .. take our tax and instead of helping people who are trying to do something positive and create a place for people to do something , exercise , keep the kids off the streets .. all the stuff the government wants done
they make it difficult with regulations  :rant: over !

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Might have to have a day off work when the kids are at school and head there.

Offline benno

• Team Moderator
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 11:29 PM »
i had a little roll round there yesterday , have a look at my post in main chat section
they are having silver surfer nights for over 30's on the last friday of the month , 6.30-9.30  £10 entry
be good to get some radsters there
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,171022.0.html
It comes out of the ground!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Rush Skatepark Stroud

gfxgfx
gfx gfx