gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 07:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  One of my Grail's but omg
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: One of my Grail's but omg  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
One of my Grail's but omg
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:05 PM »
Would absolutely love one of these, and really don't want to offend anyone on here but blooming ell  :shocked:

Make's the trickster look cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VDC-BMX-Pre-Production-Free-Agent-Free-Flite-Freestyler-84-Hutch-Woody-Itson-vdc-/121248891625?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c3aff42e9

As I say, not trying to upset anyone, just a bit taken back with the price, the ebay fees on that!
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: One of my Grail's but omg
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:16 PM »
 :D awesome bike

What are the black bits inbetween the grips and levers

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:23 PM »
 ::)

odi grip guards, meant to provide rigidity (protection) to the inner flanges of you s'rooms

**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 09:52 PM »
::)

odi grip guards, meant to provide rigidity (protection) to the inner flanges of you s'rooms

ah I've heard of them but never seen any before

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:10 PM »
it's been quite a day on ebay.... "wantit"
What are we going to see next..Woody's original gold trickstar for $20,000! :)
Not feeling that patterned kashi though....each to their own  ;)
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:39 PM »
it's been quite a day on ebay....
Agree with that, but at the other end of the spectrum I was viewing a complete survivor kz1 earlier that looked to be in great condition for just under 800, which I thought was quite a good price  :-\

Not feeling that patterned kashi though....each to their own  ;)

me too, he must have got it from somewhere similar to the link in Clean's post

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,170107.0.html

Black suede's a goer but for me the Dalmatian print should reside with disney not on a killer bike like that, sorry  ;)

Offline Radrobbo

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25 PM »
Hi there, not offended by anyone's comments, it's my bike and has been since birth. Just put it up on eBay to gauge interest. It's been through a few different styles over the years and won a few Rad MK Trophies, but I think its time to move it on to somebody that would take time in it again. And remember it's not just rare as there were around 300 Freeflites made but 1 of 1 so if I listed it at 99p and had one bid I would not be a happy man, that's why in the listing I have said open to offers! It's a real piece of Voris and Woody history so one perhaps for one of us teenagers from the 80's

Offline donnydresser

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 10:15 AM »
nice bike radrobbo  :smitten:

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 11:20 AM »
Nice bike :daumenhoch: very different :daumenhoch: not everyones cup of tea? but I dare say a good few peeps would like to own it :)
all that said what do the 'experts' on here think a realistic value for this bike would be/achieve?  ???

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 01:09 PM »
Hi Radrobbo, welcome to the forum and thank you for making your first post a comment on this thread.

You truly do have an awesome bmx for sale in your listing, a model I would love to own one day. As I say one of my ‘Grails’, a bike I’ve desired for my very small collection for a long time now.

I appreciate your sentiment regarding a 99p starting price and single bid scenario, I think many of us would think and feel similar. It’s nice to also hear your sentiment of being open to serious bidders making sensible offers. I can assure you that if I was a fortunate man and lucky enough to have sufficient surplus cash to make you what I would feel (after careful consideration) was a realistic and non-insulting offer we would be talking more right now. But unfortunately I’m currently investing any surplus cash I have in a very slow build of a bike I feel nearly as rare as yours (in the fact that it is also a pre-production, low production numbers frame of comparable desire/standing/age), so I do have an appreciation of the costs involved.

However, even if I was fortunate enough to be that man, and this is obviously just my own personal opinion, I think that even after careful consideration any such offer I would theoretically make would probably still be someway short of your current asking price.

I really mean no insult by any of the above, I truly do admire your bike, and it would be one of these models that I would look to source if I ever finish my current build and want to again go through the long haul of locating all of the corresponding required, rare, high cost components.

So for now, thank you and I wish you all the very best of luck with your sale.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Radrobbo

• Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 06:00 PM »
Thanks for taking your time Picklez to let me know your thoughts. I stupidly turned down 8k 3 or 4 years ago when this bike was actively on the forums here and the US so I know to the right person it should bring a strong price. Sorry it's not my first post just that I had to re register  again as I haven't been on here for many a year. It was free listing on eBay  and to put a BIN price on it or reserve was gonna be about £100-£150. I've had the bike 30 years so I'm not fussed if it doesn't go, I just wanted to gauge interest and save myself eBay fees in the process.

Offline Radrobbo

• Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 06:07 AM »
Mind you, with Redline RL 20's fetching $12k (£7750 approx) maybe its time to list it on US eBay!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 06:17 AM »
Hi there, not offended by anyone's comments, it's my bike and has been since birth. Just put it up on eBay to gauge interest. It's been through a few different styles over the years and won a few Rad MK Trophies, but I think its time to move it on to somebody that would take time in it again. And remember it's not just rare as there were around 300 Freeflites made but 1 of 1 so if I listed it at 99p and had one bid I would not be a happy man, that's why in the listing I have said open to offers! It's a real piece of Voris and Woody history so one perhaps for one of us teenagers from the 80's

I remember this bike at MK a couple of times, I think it was black the first time I saw it, it is a stunning bike  :coolsmiley:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 11:36 AM »
It's a great bike I still have one myself :daumenhoch:

Offline Radrobbo

• Rated:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar