gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 07:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Top Secret Hutch Delivery
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Top Secret Hutch Delivery  (Read 5570 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Top Secret Hutch Delivery
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 06:29 PM »
I don't know what it is but the new hutch frames look awkward to me, something wrong looking about the stance of the bike.

The one with the mags really looks strange.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2013, 07:41 PM »
I don't know what it is but the new hutch frames look awkward to me, something wrong looking about the stance of the bike.

It looks wrong Sean because it has NS geometry with a loop tail. The BB is high making the back end drop more.

It looks pants to me and anybody putting Skyway's on a new race bike must be crazy. If you want an old school bike, stick to one. You can buy an 80's chrome Pro Racer F+F for the same money and the cockpit is fine, even for us 'adults'. Some of the guys back then were taller than me now and they coped on them fine  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:43 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2013, 07:43 PM »

It looks wrong Sean because it has NS geometry with a loop tail. The BB is high making the back end drop more.

It looks pants to me and anybody putting Skyway's on a new race bike must be crazy. If you want an old school bike, stick to one. You can buy an 80's chrome Pro Racer F+F for the same money and the cockpit is fine, even for us 'adults'. Some of the guys back tyhen are talling than me now and they coped on them fine  :daumenhoch:

Now I see it, thanks Terry.  I really couldn't fookin work out what was off.  :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Correct

About what   :-\

If it's confusion you'd be an expert on that   :-X

As apposed to being the ultimate authority on everything ? Including another's opinion and their right to it?
I think it's a pointless load of ugly shite. End of. If you don't like that, tough testicles.
ding dong

rodriguez

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2013, 12:01 AM »
Correct

About what   :-\

If it's confusion you'd be an expert on that   :-X

As apposed to being the ultimate authority on everything ? Including another's opinion and their right to it?
I think it's a pointless load of ugly shite. End of. If you don't like that, tough testicles.

:shocked:  Well fook me that's the pot calling the kettle black.   :LolLolLolLol:

Believe me I really couldn't give a flying fook what you think about it   :bellend:

rodriguez

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2013, 12:47 AM »

It looks pants to me and anybody putting Skyway's on a new race bike must be crazy. If you want an old school bike, stick to one. You can buy an 80's chrome Pro Racer F+F for the same money and the cockpit is fine, even for us 'adults'. Some of the guys back then were taller than me now and they coped on them fine  :daumenhoch:

A lot of JDB's target market in the USA are big men you're talking XXXXL, a lot of them are so big they can't ride OS bikes any more even those bikes will just about be big enough.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2013, 12:55 AM »
i think i best get one ordered then ready for after chrimbo the rate im getting the quality street and mince pies down me  :slayer:
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28 AM »
yer right, rod - however still don't look right imo -- JT was right about the Subrosa - THAT one makes sense, this one's like a Pro star gone goo goo. The subrosa proved you CAN transport an os concept to smth new -  I dunno if it's just the high bb, maybe it  just cant be done analogously with the pro star .... :-\ ... the angle of the loop is too narrow on the backstays.

Offline hobbsy

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2013, 02:23 AM »
That Subrosa looks shit.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2013, 01:25 PM »
This Hutch is a  new school Race frame set  more expensive than some and cheaper than others

It comes in chrome rather than paint ,,which is always a ten or twenty quid dearer per item frame ,forks and bars

Loop tail looks slightly tighter than an original Pro racer, but of course it is,,, new school rear ends are all low slung ,,,it's a new bike ,for track use

Is the BB slightly higher ,,, than a park bike you mean . It certainly isn't as high as say a Supercross ,,which are purposely race proven frames. So nothing unusual there . Again may be the angle of the pic ,or just the fact that people are comparing it to the 80's Pro racer

I think most people may be missing what this is.

I don't like repop,,,,but this isn't trying to be repop  ::)

Like Bren said ,firstly it is just a new school frame aimed at serious use, with a nod to the original  by the loop, seat stay bridge and decals only .

If you want a pub bike or show pony ,get the80's one for the  same price  :daumenhoch:

I saw the one one Alan Woods  built and rode it looked a proper piece of kit and done right without any old parts, just the best of everything current  8)( ok bar the pedals  :D )

I like it because it s a little different , useable and I suppose it would give everyone something to talk about at the track  :LolLolLolLol:

But don't shoot me   :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:28 PM by hunterdubber »

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28 PM »
 :2gunsfiring_v1:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Ow  :D

rodriguez

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2013, 02:50 PM »
This Hutch is a  new school Race frame set  more expensive than some and cheaper than others

It comes in chrome rather than paint ,,which is always a ten or twenty quid dearer per item frame ,forks and bars

Loop tail looks slightly tighter than an original Pro racer, but of course it is,,, new school rear ends are all low slung ,,,it's a new bike ,for track use

Is the BB slightly higher ,,, than a park bike you mean . It certainly isn't as high as say a Supercross ,,which are purposely race proven frames. So nothing unusual there . Again may be the angle of the pic ,or just the fact that people are comparing it to the 80's Pro racer

I think most people may be missing what this is.

I don't like repop,,,,but this isn't trying to be repop  ::)

Like Bren said ,firstly it is just a new school frame aimed at serious use, with a nod to the original  by the loop, seat stay bridge and decals only .

If you want a pub bike or show pony ,get the80's one for the  same price  :daumenhoch:

I saw the one one Alan Woods  built and rode it looked a proper piece of kit and done right without any old parts, just the best of everything current  8)( ok bar the pedals  :D )

I like it because it s a little different , useable and I suppose it would give everyone something to talk about at the track  :LolLolLolLol:

But don't shoot me   :LolLolLolLol:

Nicely explained Dubber, not being up in race bikes I wasn't really aware of this until Ron Burgundys post and I looked into it a bit further.

I wish you'd posted this before I posted the bike with the Skyways but I now realise the error of my ways  :-[

Tis always good to be edumacated.   :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2013, 03:02 PM »
That Subrosa looks shit.

I like the cut of your jib
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2013, 03:49 PM »
you'll have to wait until the expert comes out chris :LolLolLolLol:
ding dong

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2013, 05:24 PM »
I'm a big fan of all things Hutch, and the new frames look fine, but I wouldn't get one at that price, or even for half the price. The same goes for the new Skyway T/A 20 inch. Both nice bikes, but if I want a bike for rad rides or going to the shops I'd use my original old school ones. If I was really into new school racing, but wanted that retro look but with modern technology/geometry, then I would consider one (I'm not into racing, so wouldn't honestly have a clue as to how these compare with other new school racers). I can see the point in the Skyway cruisers, as they are copies of the originals (I think), just with a few new school features to make them perform better. They look great and are good for a casual (and comfortable) ride - plus the original Skyway cruisers are uber rare, so getting one would be close to impossible.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Top Secret Hutch Delivery

gfxgfx
gfx gfx