gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 29, 2024, 01:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The right way of going about things with a find?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The right way of going about things with a find?  (Read 7845 times)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: The right way of going about things with a find?
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 11:18 AM »
This has gotta be some haul ! Can't wait to see the pix of the gear .
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 11:36 AM »
nice to see funkyworm thinks flipping stuff from here onto the bay is out of order finally

Ah bless, Jono i'd almost take you serious if (A) You had any kind of taste...... 
(B) Class , (which is where we really differ) so theres no point trying to explain.
(c) If your builds were built with cash that you'd already paid your tax's on...?????.........

Mate It's alright to play with cash over the net  but please,don't mug yourself off ....  Just saying like...

fooking idiot...

play nice please kids  :police:

Griff (apologies) ,

DJ Jono & his Buddy Stephane don't get on with me because i tell it how it is.
 This is just another piss poor & un factual snipe from him to add to the playground bullying tactics that those two have been at for a while now including physical threats (which i can't take seriously) i mean really ......

I'm tired & bored of it all & I'd written much whittier retorts than that last night whilst drunk so I'm VERY disappointed in myself &  surprised that i'd posted that one .... I must have hit return whilst dropping off on the sofa looking at the time it was sent.....

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2013, 12:47 PM »
You often find that there are those that aren't in it for the money but at the same time hoard boxes and boxes of bits waiting for the prices to go up.

Having said that I genuinely don't think there are that many that are in it for the money.  Anything I made out of a part was usually ploughed straight back into another build and I would say that was the same for the majority of builders and collectors on here.

Everyone has had a good score of some sort or another, do what they would and offer it to the community first and then after sales have dried up on here spread to Ebay.

Pretty bang on there Simon

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 01:37 PM »
nice to see funkyworm thinks flipping stuff from here onto the bay is out of order finally

Ah bless, Jono i'd almost take you serious if (A) You had any kind of taste...... 
(B) Class , (which is where we really differ) so theres no point trying to explain.
(c) If your builds were built with cash that you'd already paid your tax's on...?????.........

Mate It's alright to play with cash over the net  but please,don't mug yourself off ....  Just saying like...

fooking idiot...

Griff (apologies) ,

This is just another piss poor & un factual snipe from him to add to the playground bullying tactics that those two have been at for a while now including physical threats (which i can't take seriously) i mean really ......

I'm tired & bored of it all & I'd written much whittier retorts than that last night whilst drunk so I'm VERY disappointed in myself &  surprised that i'd posted that one .... I must have hit return whilst dropping off on the sofa looking at the time it was sent.....

:wtf:   was just commenting on what you'd put earlier funkyworm didn't see it was out of order as i said nice to see you've changed your ways e.g buying a set of green diacompes on here i was second dib dobs, but missed out no problems snooze you lose, but to see them a couple of days later on ebay at an inflated price by you but nice to see you dont agree with flipping on the bay anymore....and met stephane for 5 mins on a radmeet to say we are friends because he agreed with me in a disagreement we had due to your underhandedness only one persons thread on here is being aggressive and its not mine

your rant made little or no sense and believe me i pay my share of taxes  :'(  i'm pretty sure of that if you feel that's relivant

can only assume i touched a nerve
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 02:00 PM by Jono »
Jono

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 01:43 PM »
You often find that there are those that aren't in it for the money but at the same time hoard boxes and boxes of bits waiting for the prices to go up.

Having said that I genuinely don't think there are that many that are in it for the money.  Anything I made out of a part was usually ploughed straight back into another build and I would say that was the same for the majority of builders and collectors on here.

Everyone has had a good score of some sort or another, do what they would and offer it to the community first and then after sales have dried up on here spread to Ebay.

Pretty bang on there Simon

Great avatar  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 02:23 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: everyones dibbing better do the same dib dobs
Jono

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2013, 02:59 PM »

fooking idiot...

Griff (apologies) ,

:wtf:   was just commenting on what you'd put earlier funkyworm didn't see it was out of order as i said nice to see you've changed your ways e.g buying a set of green diacompes on here i was second dib dobs, but missed out no problems snooze you lose, but to see them a couple of days later on ebay at an inflated price by you but nice to see you dont agree with flipping on the bay anymore....and met stephane for 5 mins on a radmeet to say we are friends because he agreed with me in a disagreement we had due to your underhandedness only one persons thread on here is being aggressive and its not mine

your rant made little or no sense and believe me i pay my share of taxes  :'(  i'm pretty sure of that if you feel that's relivant

Ive not changed anything Jono & I've never agreed with flipping, any items I sell on the bay are items that have either :

A: Come on a complete & are not good enough to keep on my refurb.
B: Been used on a previous build.
C: Ive decided not to use them because they didn't fit with my build.

(simple as that).

if the levers you speak of were indeed on the bay (just like everything else) yes the price would have been inflated in order to cover the fees.

Cant actually remember but I think i sold all my Green DC Parts to Nitrohopper Lee in a private sale for his Haro as i didn't use them on my dp but believe me I'm way too busy running my agency to worry about flipping bmx parts for a couple of quid here & there .

As you well know your comment & insinuations of flipping & underhandedness are as usual just another (lame) attempt to discredit me in some way because we don't get on & never will.

Ive received personal threats from you & I have nothing more to say to you Jono, you will not ruin my experience here on RAD or elsewhere.

Merry Christmas. 

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2013, 03:19 PM »
handbags at dawn.

Where did Joe's post go?
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2013, 03:26 PM »
This thread shows exactly what has happened to this hobby. its all about hoarding and pushing prices up.

Get them, and sell them on. Share the love FFS. If there are parts still out there then get them in the market place, if it pi$$es people off then they are only in it for the money, so feck em.

if it drives the prices of parts down then all the better in my books. bring the hobby back to where it should be, all about great builds with nice shiny original parts.

There are people who are building bikes who may be after the very pieces that you can get hold of.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2013, 04:07 PM »
You got the deal mate, release on here and make a bit on each one yourself. Def limit to one per person, and when everyone with a ss tag has a piece, up the price for the bay.

Just my 2p  :daumenhoch:

WINI has hit the nail on the head.... you want to do the right thing , and you dont want people or someone to buy a few at a good price just to flip them. the only way i can see you being able to control that happening is to do as WINI surgests

1 ........ sell here to site supporters only
2 ........ 1 item per person

that way people who at least show willing by supporting RAD with that tiny donation of £10 a year get first shout. and if u can only buy one you can only be a tw@t and flip once  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2013, 04:09 PM »
sell the lot n treat yourself as os bmx aint gonna be worth jack shit  in the not to distant future    ;D

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30 PM »
Funky,
I don't know you and know fook all about you but reading about your personal difference's with other Rad members/ex members is getting fookin boring. If you feel you've not got a case to answer then you've no need to comment further as far as I can see.
You keep having a pop at Steph and Jono at every opportunity (looking for sympathy vote perhaps).  Now we all know what Steph's all about and his beef with Rad. I don't know the ins and outs but I read the spat with Jono on fb in real time and got the impression you'd stung him after coming to an agreement over some bars/bike.
I've met Jono a few times and he's a good lad who's paid top dollar for a lot of gear but sold a lot of gear at rock bottom prices which in itself is pretty Rad in my eyes. I think there's plenty of northern Radsters who'll agree.

Seems to me :-
A, you've got something to hide
B, you're making excuses for your ungentlemanly conduct
C, your a cock

"C, your a cock" is not what I think but that's how your coming across.

What I'm trying to say is give it a rest. FFS
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2013, 05:38 PM »
This thread shows exactly what has happened to this hobby. its all about hoarding and pushing prices up.

Get them, and sell them on. Share the love FFS. If there are parts still out there then get them in the market place, if it pi$$es people off then they are only in it for the money, so feck em.

if it drives the prices of parts down then all the better in my books. bring the hobby back to where it should be, all about great builds with nice shiny original parts.

There are people who are building bikes who may be after the very pieces that you can get hold of.

all true,
look at current value n depending how many of the same thing you have, sell em at a price you are happy with and that's gonna shoft them without being too tempting for the flippers.  Don't think you can get away with too near top dollar if you have a lot of the same stuff as you will end up trying to get rid of the rest at BOGOF or be stuck with them. do whats gonna give you the best rewards and gets shot,  :daumenhoch:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2013, 05:44 PM »
So what are the parts then?
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Sid1972

• Flip-Whip
  • Bloody kids bikes... : )
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2013, 06:00 PM »
Sorry my head hurts - what's this thread about!  :teef:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2013, 06:12 PM »

10,000 black dust caps.

:laugh:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2013, 06:20 PM »

10,000 black dust caps.

do they come with shelf wear and dust otherwise I'm out

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2013, 06:31 PM »

10,000 black dust caps.

do they come with shelf wear and dust otherwise I'm out
lol.. Please don't buy any of it Adam.. No one could afford it once you've bought. :-X :teef:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2013, 07:05 PM »
Personally I would use it as trade bait 2 get anything I wanted first  ::)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2013, 07:17 PM »

:daumenhoch: yeh come on clint lets see em

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2013, 07:22 PM »
1000 no. rear black Tuff II wheels.  Now that would be funny.
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2013, 07:26 PM »
This is why I love repop parts so much on my bikes.

No bidding wars on eBay
No disappointment when I lose
No falling out with people on here or anywhere else
No waiting for the 'right' part

I have 10 completes now, all riders, all built on a budget and all used to meet up with like-minded people for a beer and a laugh.

I love each one of those bikes, many wont like them due to my use of repop parts.

No disrespect to you Clint, but I couldn't give a sh1te what your haul is, I don't know what it is, but I know I don't need whatever it is, and I'm not going to wet my pants trying to get hold of whatever it is.

Ridiculous thread tbh. ::)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:58 PM by Retrodan72 »

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline PK RipperTime

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 07:56 PM »
very ridiculous,there is no right or wrong about it,you sell any/all of your parts at a price you and buyer agree to,feck all to do with anyone else,end of,,,,grow a pair and get on with it  :-*

Offline Sid1972

• Flip-Whip
  • Bloody kids bikes... : )
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2013, 08:02 PM »
Great builds being posted getting hardly any comments, this gets three pages. :crazy2:

Shxt: note to self - Stop fecking commenting then!!!  :whistle:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  The right way of going about things with a find?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx