gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 04:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An appreciative shout out to the staff :)  (Read 3155 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 12:04 PM »

Thanks Rad Team for site and all the hard work in keeping it going  :daumenhoch:

rodriguez

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 12:12 PM »
Rather than assume he'll see this thread, is there anyone in contact with Steph that can make sure he sees Nick's proposal above?
Would be nice to get his response before the Toy Ride if possible

To be fair reading what he put on the site that I'm banned from  over personal differences it looks (unless he's bullshitting ) that he 's a long way down the line of having platform built that interacts with Facebook etc. He's seems happy as he's devised a forum in Facebook for flippers & bulk sellers to sell their wares (in bulk or large lots at a time)  which has never gone down well on here from what i can see & have read.

As long as he & the others (Lee for example) are doing this they seem very happy as they can make more money than they ever could on rad & only have the tax man to answer to as it's all very blatant.

(Would like to say i have nothing against Lee at all he's always been decent & even sent me free stuff once to help me out) but it's clear that it's more about money to some of these guys  than the rest of us.

End of the day theres a lot of people out there me included who most likely wouldn't want to see Stephane back as there's been personal spats they won't ever heal . Childish accusations name calling & threats of physical violence that would be termed bullying (if we were 12).

There's others on here guilty of this as well & they know who they are but I'l go with the flow & the gesture offered is a fair one (BUT) Only if Steph Matches the Financial donation given to the Charity & prove it's not about the money

Why should rad make all the major concessions & he gets to trade on every forum going & gets the best of both worlds? but  in return maybe Rad could have a flippers lounge ???? Just a thought.

Disputes with people outside of RADBMX should be left outside of RADBMX, this whole mess was a result of people carrying feuds onto this site in the first place.

Way I see it is if you don't like someone, ignore them, simple as that.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 12:29 PM »

Hello...?  Anyone there...? Who said that...?

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 12:44 PM »
To all those that devote their time, their effort and their patience.
RESPECT.  :slayer:
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

rodriguez

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 01:00 PM »
(

Hello...?  Anyone there...? Who said that...?

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 01:09 PM »
I enjoy this site, I spend too much of my time on it when I should be working.

If I attempted to express what I get for my £10 it would be something like this (forgive the obvious).

1 year = 365 days
365 x 60 minutes (average time i spend on here per day) = 21900 minutes
£10 / 21900 = 0.046p per minute of enjoyment (for the most part)

To try to give that some sort of context, i'll use something else I enjoy - the cinema...
If I went to the cinema would it cost 4.37p?  (95 minute movie)

I can't think of anything else that represents such good value and I don't even attend any events - i'm too handsome for that...

...But most importantly, I can't think of anything else i'd want to spend that amount of time on... So thank you mods, perhaps unwittingly, you have a fantastically positive impact on my life.  :4_17_5:

Chris  :-*

PS. It must be Christmas - I haven't been this nice in a long time, i'm off to push someone over...

griff

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 01:24 PM »
you should come along Chris, we'll try not to be too put off by your incredible good looks and manly powers :teef:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2013, 01:47 PM »
Double bluff Chris...you arrogant cock.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2013, 02:31 PM »
Rather than assume he'll see this thread, is there anyone in contact with Steph that can make sure he sees Nick's proposal above?

To be fair reading what he put on the site that I'm banned from  over personal differences it looks (unless he's bullshitting ) that he 's a long way down the line of having platform built that interacts with Facebook etc. He's seems happy as he's devised a forum in Facebook for flippers & bulk sellers to sell their wares (in bulk or large lots at a time)  which has never gone down well on here from what i can see & have read.

As long as he & the others (Lee for example) are doing this they seem very happy as they can make more money than they ever could on rad & only have the tax man to answer to as it's all very blatant.

(Would like to say i have nothing against Lee at all he's always been decent & even sent me free stuff once to help me out) but it's clear that it's more about money to some of these guys  than the rest of us.

End of the day theres a lot of people out there me included who most likely wouldn't want to see Stephane back as there's been personal spats they won't ever heal . Childish accusations name calling & threats of physical violence that would be termed bullying (if we were 12).

There's others on here guilty of this as well & they know who they are but I'l go with the flow & the gesture offered is a fair one (BUT) Only if Steph Matches the Financial donation given to the Charity & prove it's not about the money

Why should rad make all the major concessions & he gets to trade on every forum going & gets the best of both worlds? but  in return maybe Rad could have a flippers lounge ???? Just a thought.

Disputes with people outside of RADBMX should be left outside of RADBMX, this whole mess was a result of people carrying feuds onto this site in the first place.

Mate that's easy to say when you've not been the recipient & were being bad mouthed in public ON the official RAD FB page & threatened by this guy and another current rad member who was the main instigator & plays a good balancing act between both rad & sales & chat. Just saying.....But where were the Mods then ???

The Mods can't be everywhere especially on there (stands to reason) but there should have been warnings sent to those involved especially after threats of violence were made as we all are or (were) rad members at the time. Isn't that what mods do ???

I don't feel threatened or victimised in any way in fact i find it hilarious that grown men feel the need to act in this way, but some people might do & to re include people that act like this & who's only objective is to make money from rad is wrong in my eyes .

Gashead has been generous in his offer & it's for the likes of him & the mods to decide what they want to do but like i said, i think it would be fair to ask Steph to match this offer financially shake hands & give him a site supporters tag for his efforts. ;)

All of course if he wants back in... (rant over).... Back to work.

LONG LIVE RAD  :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

rodriguez

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Mate that's easy to say when you've not been the recipient & were being bad mouthed in public ON the official RAD FB page & threatened by this guy and another current rad member who was the main instigator & plays a good balancing act between both rad & sales & chat. Just saying.....But where were the Mods then ???

The Mods can't be everywhere especially on there (stands to reason) but there should have been warnings sent to those involved especially after threats of violence were made as we all are or (were) rad members at the time. Isn't that what mods do ???

I don't feel threatened or victimised in any way in fact i find it hilarious that grown men feel the need to act in this way, but some people might do & to re include people that act like this & who's only objective is to make money from rad is wrong in my eyes .

Gashead has been generous in his offer & it's for the likes of him & the mods to decide what they want to do but like i said, i think it would be fair to ask Steph to match this offer financially shake hands & give him a site supporters tag for his efforts. ;)

All of course if he wants back in... (rant over).... Back to work.

LONG LIVE RAD  :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

You are right to say and I see where you are coming from, if it was done on the official RADBMX page you'd have to assume that the RADBMX's anti-bullying policy would apply and would be enforced with the current member warned or sanctioned.

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Is it dark in there?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Is it dark in there?

Cosy.

I'll see how it develops when I 'pop em'...

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2013, 12:06 PM »
Sadly, I understand through a member on here, that the gentlemanly request was ignored, however I have still donated the money to the cause.

My offer to draw a line under things still stand, however it's very disappointing that Steph would not do the gentlemanly act.

Perhaps this demonstrates further why Radbmx is so Rad!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Top gesture nick and a real shame the request was ignored  :(

Still, as you say......this place rocks and at least the kiddies got some more great toys over Christmas  :4_17_5:

rodriguez

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Nice one Nick   :coolsmiley:

I don't really use the for sale section that much anymore and I haven't made MK yet and availed of the facilities  :'(

That said I don't mind paying the site supporters fee for access to one of the best OS communites and resources on the interweb.   :daumenhoch:

Thought I had said that earlier but must have pressed the back button   :-[

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2013, 12:15 PM »
 :4_17_5:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

griff

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Big shout out to the lads on the Toy Ride, you guys are great ambassadors of all things Rad  :4_17_5:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2013, 06:02 PM »
Big shout out to the lads on the Toy Ride, you guys are great ambassadors of all things Rad  :4_17_5:

Good shout john.......awesome thing  :4_17_5:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2013, 06:09 PM »
That's very kind of you Nick, a highly commendable gesture.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2013, 07:36 PM »
We do our best Rich  :daumenhoch:

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2013, 09:44 PM »
Fantastic gesture Nick.

One request to all, can we not mention that name again on here?  Pretty sure he gets off on the fact that people are talking about him.  Who gives a fook what he's doing?  Some people are born bitter.
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2013, 12:18 PM »
Fantastic gesture Nick.

One request to all, can we not mention that name again on here?  Pretty sure he gets off on the fact that people are talking about him.  Who gives a fook what he's doing?  Some people are born bitter.
+1000  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2013, 10:09 AM »
in this season of good will i would like to buy all the staff an internet pint

Cheers guys  :4_17_5:

Just read all this thread from the start. Mk has above all events, rides and get together's been the one i have definitely made sure i don't miss.
My enjoyment has increased every year.
The dog & duck really dragged the community together and made it one of the best bmx gatherings i have been on.
Im so looking forward to Mk14 as much now for the d & d as i have for soaking up the bikes and enjoying the lake ride previously.
Thanks to the Rad Team    :4_17_5: Cheers

The positives were off the scale that night. Sad to hear a negative ground it's self in with you Sean.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 12:53 PM »
MK is simply one of THE best weekends of the year!  just love seeing old friends and making new ones, love seeing peoples bikes in the flesh.......you guys simply build the best bikes ever!
i know it sounds a little 'w@nky' but i just love all the buzz and seeing everyone having a great weekend, for me that's what makes it all worth while.
the D&D was a superb idea which believe it or not was a spur of the moment decision made on Friday evening i think?  could've been Sat morning? and hats off to those that came up with it.  i've been asked if we will do the same next year?  do you think we would get away with it if we didn't?  ;D  i'm sure we will get a few more donations for the bar next year  :daumenhoch:

RAD=  :4_17_5:

griff

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2013, 02:15 PM »
It's my favourite weekend of the year too

In light of recent attempts to attack this site and try encourage people not to pay for a site tag, it's always worth reminding people that MK is a free event (and that's just one thing the tag money is used for).

FREE to enter, FREE to camp and in the Dog & Duck last year it was even FREE to drink!

There have been a few comments from people suggesting 'why not allow free access to the sales section and just charge for MK instead?'
Aside from the logistics of trying to sort this, I don't think it's possible to charge entry to MK even if we wanted to.
If there are any people on here wondering if it's worth buying a tag, then all they need to do to see if it's worth a tenner is to come along and see for themselves where (some of) the tag money goes, you might have a different view once you've been...

Think of it like a house party - there will always be some people who turn up empty handed, but it's more fun if you contribute

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  An appreciative shout out to the staff :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx