gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 04:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An appreciative shout out to the staff :)  (Read 3161 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
« on: December 10, 2013, 11:51 AM »
Just been reading a few threads on the museum, one of which was asking for donations to help keep the site looking its best. In another a member quoted $58,000 as site income ( i think from pro memberships alone )

When you think of the money and human resources available to the museum it makes you realise what a tightly run ship we have on here with the limited resources available.

May be totally wrong and talking bollocks but in this season of good will i would like to buy all the staff an internet pint

Cheers guys  :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 11:57 AM by oldschoolace »
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

griff

Re: An appreciative shout out to the staff :)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:59 AM »
my word, that's a lot of cash

do they have a US version of MK?

rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:01 PM »
my word, that's a lot of cash

do they have a US version of MK?

No and they don't have a Bike of the Month either.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Not that i know of, i think its more regional meets. Dunno if any are sponsored by the museum itself  :-\

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06 PM »
I don't think (in fact I know) that most people don't realise how much of the Mods time is taken up on here so a big gay man hug from me  :4_17_5:

Except Pickle bloomin twunt is never here always swanning off to New York and eating  >:D

I still blame him for crashing the old site  :-*
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 02:28 PM »
MK was the cherry on the cake for me.. The amount of work for that great weekend!! Take my hat off to them!
That little ginger one wasn't MOD at that point, but he's alright. ;)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 08:05 PM »
They give you a sticker with your pro membership  :LolLolLolLol:
Mid school baby!!

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 07:42 AM »
apparently all the mods sit in one big room everynight,  laughing and pointing at threads on here on a large screen in the middle of the room,  whilst drinking beer bought from site tags.... :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

:LolLolLolLol:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 05:18 PM »
I thought we spent the funds on stock out of Shiners, bought M3's and with the change a transporter for Bill.......then had the beers  :LolLolLolLol:

We do run a tight ship, income from tags is about £2.5k per year, slightly more, depending on who pays what.......MK tents alone are £1.5k, toilets £400, skip £250, St Johns a couple of hundred.........

A couple of years ago we had no funds in the pot, however I now have enough dosh to put on another MK even if we don't have any site contributions this year

:daumenhoch:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 05:39 PM »
 :daumenhoch: Thanks Nick and the team.

Offline TORKER mick

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 06:07 PM »
top work by all involved :4_17_5: :bow:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 06:35 PM »
All going off on the museum as a few are not happy being asked for donations when the site owner is taking a cut of the income  :-X

Long live rad eh  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 08:15 PM »
I thought we spent the funds on stock out of Shiners, bought M3's and with the change a transporter for Bill.......then had the beers  :LolLolLolLol:

We do run a tight ship, income from tags is about £2.5k per year, slightly more, depending on who pays what.......MK tents alone are £1.5k, toilets £400, skip £250, St Johns a couple of hundred.........

A couple of years ago we had no funds in the pot, however I now have enough dosh to put on another MK even if we don't have any site contributions this year

:daumenhoch:

That's great to hear mate :4_17_5:
Give me a fabulous weekend of ol' school bmx over virtual facebook bmxin' any day of the week!
Long live RAD and all who sail on her :smitten: :Great_Britain:
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

griff

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 09:28 PM »
All going off on the museum as a few are not happy being asked for donations when the site owner is taking a cut of the income  :-X

Long live rad eh  :daumenhoch:

Link please Cliint  :teef:

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 09:44 PM »

griff

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 10:22 PM »
Blimey

They are having a go, but I can just imagine what it would be like in here if Rad was run as a business for profit instead :D

Made me appreciate what we have here a little bit more  :surprise:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Do you know what I look at that site and see the profit they are turning each year and I absolutely cringe at some of the members on THIS site that have a go at the admin and mods over site subscription fees etc etc.

Nobody and I repeat nobody has ever had a payout from radbmx, mods and admin work our fooking asses off for no reward and barely any thanks.  We put on a massive free show every year and even supplied free drink to everybody this year and still we had people moaning about where the money from site subscription goes each year.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Makes for interesting reading thats for sure. The thread title was deffo changed when it all started going south. Someone actually states that the museum dont even have an annual show which moneys could be spent on like our beloved MK, wonder if they had read this thread  :chin:

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Do you know what I look at that site and see the profit they are turning each year and I absolutely cringe at some of the members on THIS site that have a go at the admin and mods over site subscription fees etc etc.

Nobody and I repeat nobody has ever had a payout from radbmx, mods and admin work our fooking asses off for no reward and barely any thanks.  We put on a massive free show every year and even supplied free drink to everybody this year and still we had people moaning about where the money from site subscription goes each year.

My exact reason for staring this thread Sean  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 10:43 PM »

My exact reason for staring this thread Sean  :daumenhoch:

:4_17_5: :daumenhoch: :-*

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Do you guys want to know one of the biggest things to have pissed me off this year and it has made me question whether I want to carry on as admin.

At MK this year I was speaking to somebody on the Saturday night when we opened the Dog and Duck, I said to this person to "go and get a beer they are free", he didn't believe me at first so I say "honest, the site has supplied the drink this year it is 100% free no strings". 

Instead of saying thanks etc and getting a beer, he turned around to me and said "Well if you can afford to do that you guys are obviously making too much money from site subscriptions".

Since that time I have been on a real downer with all things BMX and all I see are people sniping at either the site or the guys that put a shit load of time into running it.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 10:58 PM »
It only takes one banger up on bricks to spoil the most picturesque of streets Sean. Its a sad truth of humanity that negativity carries more weight than positivity.  :(

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 11:15 PM »
It only takes one banger up on bricks to spoil the most picturesque of streets Sean. Its a sad truth of humanity that negativity carries more weight than positivity.  :(
:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Think the threads been taken down now but the RAD mods were taking a right bashing on the Sales & Chat splitters site over the last few days (of which I'm blocked) .

There's some USA guys on there now which is most likely where the virus & backlash is spreading towards paying site supporter tags on the Museum after they have read & bought in to Stephane's Rhetoric & playing the hard done to martyr .

He reckons he plotting to take rad down have a Facebook interactive site with ebay style bidding & the like for bmx parts, Sure you already saw it & I'm also sure this post will be reported to him by his minions (alright ladies :daumenhoch:) but i'd hate to see Rad fall behind to someone who's only interested in lining his own pockets under the guise of (doing it for the sake of bmx) blah blah blah...

Met some great guys on here who i will stay in touch with with but theres  Just too many childish jealous low end ballers in this hobby for me, guys who mentally never left the playground  (keyboard warriors) & others who are just trying to make friends & influence people by buying expensive bikes that in some cases that a week before they had never even heard of ((((I  mean really )))) ????  'I've had a great year re kindling my childhood passion but I'm out after I've completed my current builds & anything i sell off will be on here or the bay .

Long Live Rad & well done boys !
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:35 PM by Funkyworm »

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Do you guys want to know one of the biggest things to have pissed me off this year and it has made me question whether I want to carry on as admin.

At MK this year I was speaking to somebody on the Saturday night when we opened the Dog and Duck, I said to this person to "go and get a beer they are free", he didn't believe me at first so I say "honest, the site has supplied the drink this year it is 100% free no strings". 

Instead of saying thanks etc and getting a beer, he turned around to me and said "Well if you can afford to do that you guys are obviously making too much money from site subscriptions".

Since that time I have been on a real downer with all things BMX and all I see are people sniping at either the site or the guys that put a shit load of time into running it.

Come on Sean get some perspective that's just one person... This site has, obviously, a cross section of society & therefore houses a myriad of personalities some of which are bound to be disagreeable to your good self (perhaps I'm one of them! ).

From what I can ascertain there are plenty of great guys on here & this site is very tolerant!

I've never been to MK but am still happy to contribute...& I've been banned a couple of times!

So while we're at it (& if it's worth anything coming from me) thank you.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45 PM »
No Rich, it is just one more moaning whinging twat unfortunately.

I see so many posts where people moan, for no other reason than to be seen/heard or to cause trouble on site.  It happens all the time and those people to be honest I ignore completely and will not even acknowledge them on site any longer.

As for Stephane and his facebook page, do you know I and the other admin have no problem with what he is doing.  What we do take offence at is that he is using the radbmx name when he has no link or even account on this site.

Fortunately I don't go near his page and have blocked him from me on FB, but his 'supporters' that flit from here to there to cause shit should hang their heads in shame and take a permanent vacation from radbmx.

Fortunately the majority of radbmx members are ace and are like an extended family to me, I do love this site even though it tires me out a lot these days.

Sorry for being such a moaning twonk guys.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  An appreciative shout out to the staff :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx