gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old / Mid-school West-German BMX, otherwise untraceable - please help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old / Mid-school West-German BMX, otherwise untraceable - please help?  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Norman

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Hi there,

I had a Skyway TA for many years, eventually sold it as a refurb project, as I didn't have the space for it.

Now another old BMX has come into my life, through a friend who grew up riding it in New Mexico - then moved to scottish highlands. 

All it has in terms of identity is a sticker on the head tube 'Super De Luxe - Made in West Germany', so it must be 1989 or older.

Also yellow top tube, handlebar and stem pads, the stem one having 'BMX 2000' written on it, from the days when 2000 was far enough away to be make-believe.
The stem bolts are butterfly nuts (?!), and could do with a little love / replacement.

Have done some research and found a BMX company called DeLuxe, but they are very new and clearly not connected.

Anyone else got any clues?
Pics below...
many thanks
Norm

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
The make of the bike is BMX 2000 and the model is a Super De-Luxe.

Have a look here for starters...

http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=446426
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:25 PM by stidds »

Offline Norman

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Thanks for the pointer Sean! Great source of info.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
wooow .... totally forgot about that one -- it's the german equivlent of the Raleigh Tuff Burner ..... only crappier :teef:

......although i learn that this bike was also available in the UK ....?:chin:
-> http://www.30cms.net/Pages/Ruler/rulerride.htm       ?

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
that must have been a shock to the system, moving from new mexico to the scottish highlands. hope he took a jacket with him.  :D

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
some of the bits on that are the same as kalkhoff  but then again kalkhoff was german as well 
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
If you would like to sell this via RAD please get a Site Supporters Tag and sell in the For Sale section  :daumenhoch:

cheers
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old / Mid-school West-German BMX, otherwise untraceable - please help?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx