gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  eBay global shipping program
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: eBay global shipping program  (Read 432 times)

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
eBay global shipping program
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:22 PM »
So let me get this right...... I want to by a crank set for $400.00..... $33.00 shipping - very reasonable....... Then eBay want $122.40 as part of their global shipping program.  Is it me, or is global shipping program a rip off to far?
You always need a cheese option......

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
Re: eBay global shipping program
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:07 PM »
I wanted  something earlier, read the t+c's totally confused myself ???
Thought fook it anyway, i bid & won the item Bought a seat post last month for similar dosh & had to pay £11 so was expecting about the same plus robbing ebays cut but I've no import tax to pay  :wtf:
On the ppal invoice the purchase price went to the seller & p+p to the shipping company  :uglystupid2:
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 01:24 AM »
Instead of paying parcelforce you pay Ebay a fee, even if it's under the threshold for a charge and wouldn't normally be stopped by customs, they added $17 on to an item I bought that cost $15 and shipping was $7.25. 

They bill your paypal account separately for "A separate payment was sent to this delivery company to dispatch your package and to clear customs" and that company is EBAY   :bellend:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:44 AM »
So where abouts in the auction advert would it be mentioned if they use this robin Hood method

Offline Bfellows

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 11:22 AM »
You'll see it stated just above the postage rates.  Past a joke - $85.00 tyres, $24.00 shipping, $26.00 import fees through global shipping.  Apparently some US sellers are using it just to put off overseas buyers......... The Canadians are up in arms by all accounts  :LolLolLolLol:
You always need a cheese option......

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 11:34 AM »
You'll see it stated just above the postage rates.  Past a joke - $85.00 tyres, $24.00 shipping, $26.00 import fees through global shipping.  Apparently some US sellers are using it just to put off overseas buyers......... The Canadians are up in arms by all accounts  :LolLolLolLol:

So if you do buy something this way and you have to return it for some reason will ebay refund the charges

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 11:58 AM »
Hopefully it will be the straw that breaks the camels back and they start to lose business as a result.  I know I won't be buying anything overseas using that option as their postage fees are just ridiculous.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 12:24 PM »
I send the seller a note asking them to remove it. I know 80'sguitarshredder has removed it from his listings. He pm'd me on Faceache and we had a good chat about it. I think fleabay have sold it to them as a carefree way of shipping overseas. There is no way of asking for the seller to mark it as gift etc etc.

Also, the shipping company (pitney bowes) unpack your loveingly wrapped article and remove the packaging to reduce weight hence costs. I had some grips arrive in a scabby torn jiffy bag.

If you buy an item via this system leave feedback telling the seller the system sucks.
I did.
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  eBay global shipping program

gfxgfx
gfx gfx