gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Jacks wood
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Jacks wood  (Read 756 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Jacks wood
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:24 AM »
does anyone remember the Jacks wood track in kent ?
i think it was near Paddock wood some where and i drove there a couple of times bitd but for the life of me i cant remember now where it was exactly, i working near there at the moment and was gonna see if there are any remains of it

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: Jacks wood
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:15 PM »
I remember racing there a few times...I'm sure you had to drive between a couple of barns or through a gate next to them (some sort f farmyard type set up anyway) to get to the track area.  Be cool to see whats there.  Although, I'm guessing its ploughed farmland or has been built on since.
Neil

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:05 AM »
that sounds about right mate, i remember walking through a sort of arch made of bushes to get to the track, just cant remember where the farm was exactly  :(

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 03:04 PM »
found it.....its now a garden centre  :( :(

In the 1950s, the owners of a 10 acre farm started to sell fruit and eggs from the brick building at the front by the road side. The local people started to call it 'Jacks Wood' and the name stuck until the 1990s when it was bought by Wyevale Garden Centres.
A lot has changed since then, and not just the name. Because we want you to see our lovely plants first, we've built a new entrance and adjacent car park. We have a range of beautiful plants that our new plants team are really proud of.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Jacks wood

gfxgfx
gfx gfx