gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 03:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New-ish Araya site
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New-ish Araya site  (Read 822 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
New-ish Araya site
« on: November 04, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Anyone know any more than is on the site?

http://www.araya.co.uk/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:14 PM by Dark Diggler »
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
Re: New-ish Araya site
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 08:51 PM »
rock and roll bikes are selling the complete sets for just under a ton on the bay,  dropped em a few messages trying to get a set with two rear rims instead of the brake less front as i think they build em in house , asked if i could get an un built set , but not had  a reply yet  :-\     the hubs certainly look good quality, (if a little on the red side for my tastes ;) )  been selling em for a bit got a link to them of a member when i was looking for some wheels earlier this year

the tensile stuff looks to be good quality,  looks like they're more of downhill / mtb company , small company maybe 'seem to do quality parts,  and for the price of a complete araya set i don't think you could go far wrong :daumenhoch: 

i had a set of double skin aero's when i were a nipper  ;D  they weren't called aero's i don't think , had a number 710?  just guessing at that,  sure they've been posted on here in a araya thread ?,  all my mates aeros were single skin,  had em on shimano dx hubs , proper wheel set,    another one on the should have kept them list  :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.tensile.net/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Araya-Aero-Tensile-911-BMX-Wheels-Sealed-Hubs-9-tooth-Black-Spoke-Alloy-nipple-/350740077020?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item51a9bcd9dc

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 08:53 PM by oldtired »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Those wheels are a bit of a bargain :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 09:04 PM »
yeah been toying with the idea of getting a set for ages,  , would have thought the hubs sell for more than that on there own , , trying to get an un built set so i can strip and polish all the bits but don't think they're keen on selling them un built,

need to find a new schoolie who wants a brake less wheel set,  and buy two sets and swap the rims round   :chin: :chin:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Natsukashi

• Curb Endo
    • Natsukashi-Jitensha
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:16 AM »

Beware of this site, it does not belong to Araya - everything on it is questionable therefore. No matter what you get told by anyone else, the site has no connection to Araya and they are discussing what to do about this fake site.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26 AM »
They look a tidy bit of kit  :daumenhoch:

Sealed Female hubs as well  :daumenhoch:

Don't know about the Araya site but I've bough a few items off the ONZA ebay page (Araya Nipples was the last thing) and spot on service  :4_17_5:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 10:14 AM »

Beware of this site, it does not belong to Araya - everything on it is questionable therefore. No matter what you get told by anyone else, the site has no connection to Araya and they are discussing what to do about this fake site.

But do they sell Araya products?...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Natsukashi

• Curb Endo
    • Natsukashi-Jitensha
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 01:12 PM »

But do they sell Araya products?...

quote from his site
------------------------------
"Now for 2012 the profile gets a 21st century makeover. Taking advantage of new extrusions the rim has the box section strength of a double skin, but a reduction in weight. This version has CNC machined sidewalls for super responsive braking and can be used on front and rear. It is available currently in anodised matt black finish and 36 spoke holes but other variants are set to follow. Watch for the new brakeless front wheel version coming soon."

He does not sell Araya rims. These so called 2012 Aeros he describes above are knock-offs and are NOT made by Araya, it is 100% made up just to fool people. If you need clarification drop an email to Araya here in Japan and ask them. I met with them recently and we had a good laugh about it.

Even if they were real, what is it that gives someone confidence to buy from a person who is pretending to be a company he has no connection with; someone who is happy to trick you into believing he is associated with Araya - what better way to sell you "Araya products" than that.

Lucky for him Araya finds it amusing.

rodriguez

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 01:51 PM »
His site's look very mid school late 90's early 00's lay out, looks like he did a correspondence course in web design.

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 04:41 PM »
so does this relate to the tensile site/ products, and the ebay site,  as well  , all the same bloke?

based in Nottz i think ,  send the bombers round to scope it out  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:   :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:20 PM by oldtired »

griff

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 07:23 PM »
Hmmmmm  :chin:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Tensile have been around a while, mostly serving the trials community, very well I might add, it would seem that they are marketing these Araya rims too
The same people run Onza (as in the bike company) and a bike shop called rocknroll bikes.
These are genuine companies that go under the name Super Cycles Group, there is nothing untoward about them, they import products from the Far East and market them, just like every other bike company that doesn't actually make things ( most of em!! )
So I therefore conclude that the statement  "everything on that site is questionable" is a load of bollocks  :daumenhoch:

Offline Natsukashi

• Curb Endo
    • Natsukashi-Jitensha
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 05:59 AM »
Tensile have been around a while, mostly serving the trials community, very well I might add, it would seem that they are marketing these Araya rims too
The same people run Onza (as in the bike company) and a bike shop called rocknroll bikes.
These are genuine companies that go under the name Super Cycles Group, there is nothing untoward about them, they import products from the Far East and market them, just like every other bike company that doesn't actually make things ( most of em!! )
So I therefore conclude that the statement  "everything on that site is questionable" is a load of bollocks  :daumenhoch:

Did I mention tensile? no just the bogus Araya site and the fake rims.  But no worries have it your way, you know best. Clearly Araya must be lying. Shame on me for trying to help by supplying facts. Good luck.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 06:45 AM »
Woah there cousin, your info about Araya not producing the rims was invaluable, what I asked for was more info so your input was spot on and to be fair it made me do some homework instead of being lazy and asking a forum. The point I was making is the the people behind the website are proper bike people with good reputations.
It is Odd that a large company are amused by someone marketing fake products under their name though.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 07:12 AM »

It is Odd that a large company are amused by someone marketing fake products under their name though.

thats what I thought Si , surely they wouldn't be amused they would put a stop to it

griff

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 04:52 PM »
welcome to Rad by the way, Mr Moonster

Offline Natsukashi

• Curb Endo
    • Natsukashi-Jitensha
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 01:01 AM »
welcome to Rad by the way, Mr Moonster

Why thank you sir! This is a great site!

Offline Natsukashi

• Curb Endo
    • Natsukashi-Jitensha
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 01:12 AM »

thats what I thought Si , surely they wouldn't be amused they would put a stop to it

I spoke to Araya this morning but I guess they are a little numb to the effects since their rims have been copied repeatedly over the years. I am urging them to at least get their legal to look at it to see if laws are being broken - but like so many Japanese companies I know in the bike component industry they seem not too concerned about it and are usually very reluctant to cause any trouble.

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 07:13 PM »
Those rims look pin jointed old Araya's are welded so don't look like they came out of the same factory  "nono"
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New-ish Araya site

gfxgfx
gfx gfx