gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975610 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 19, 2024, 08:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Need advice on ebay item which i have sold
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Need advice on ebay item which i have sold  (Read 1286 times)

Offline The Burner King

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Need advice on ebay item which i have sold
« on: October 30, 2013, 11:15 AM »
Guys, i need some advice on this. i just sold an ET kuwahara frame and forks on ebay. I have received the money but the buyer is actually a cargo company called Cargo2fra.

These people obviously allow people from abroad to buy items from the UK. What i am not happy about after contacting Cargo2fra this morning is that they open up all the items they receive before sending on to the customer, how do i know they won't get dropped and damaged, swapped? Also i asked them what happens if the items get damaged or lost once leaving themselves to the customer, they said the buyer will contact me and i will be responsible.

I phoned ebay this morning and the said if i don't go through with the transaction IE the buyer refuses to cancel, i will still have to pay the fees - even though they agreed it sounds a bit dodgy. WTF ? I stated quite clearly on the auction that it was UK only.

Here is the item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331047019283'ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

What would you do? I already asked them could someone collect then and check the items before they leave here and they said no it wasn't possible. After reading the horror story on here before about that australian bloke who swapped the frame and forks for some rusty cranks, i'm not happy about this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:20 AM by The Burner King »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Need advice on ebay item which i have sold
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Hmmmmmmmm that's a tough one mate.

I recently sold a frame n forks to a guy in NZ through ebay.  My listing was UK only but he messaged me asking that if he pays the postage would i mind him bidding?  he said that all i would need to do is send it to a cargo place in Southall.

well it's only 15 minutes from where i work so i dropped in myself.

I did say to him that i will not be held responsible for the frame and forks once it leaves the UK as my listing was UK only, to which he agreed.

I've kept the funds in my paypal account though just in case the guy fooks me over  >:(

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:32 AM »
Mate ,

If the buyer is a company called Cargo2fra & they paid you from their paypal account then (they) are your customer (no matter who they forward it on to).

As such you should be sending it to the Cargo2Fra registered paypal address they are the ones who should be leaving your feedback & your liability stops as soon as it lands with them as thats who your contract is with.  They are your customer regardless of the fact that they are representing someone else..

Anything after that is on their heads. If you are unsure check this with ebay cancel the auction & re list, i doubt Cargo2fra will leave negative feedback & you did say postage to the UK only.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:40 AM by Funkyworm »

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 11:42 AM »
As said above  :daumenhoch:

Your contract is with cargo2fra as the purchaser. If you ship it to them at a UK address and it's received and accepted there then your reponsibility ends. If it gets damaged during shipping to the buyer abroad then this has nothing to do with you - that would be between cargo2fra and the buyer to sort out between themselves. The foreign buyer has no contract with you for the purchase of the frameset and no legal right to hold you responsible.

To be honest if cargo2fra do not agree to this then I would bite the bullet and refuse to send it to them.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Yup, your contract would be with the purchaser (Cargo2fra). What they choose to do with it after that is not your responsibility.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 11:49 AM »
agreed with the above BUT ...... who is the ebay buyer?  because if the ebay buyer is NOT Cargo2fra.... then the ebay buyer may say they have never recieved their item , and be able to claim their money back via ebay. i know paypal and ebay are the same but id be a little warey  :-\

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 11:50 AM »
As said above  :daumenhoch:

Your contract is with cargo2fra as the purchaser. If you ship it to them at a UK address and it's received and accepted there then your reponsibility ends. If it gets damaged during shipping to the buyer abroad then this has nothing to do with you - that would be between cargo2fra and the buyer to sort out between themselves. The foreign buyer has no contract with you for the purchase of the frameset and no legal right to hold you responsible.

To be honest if cargo2fra do not agree to this then I would bite the bullet and refuse to send it to them.

On top of this i would report them to Ebay as they would be breaching rules & are bound to make the purchase.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 11:55 AM »
agreed with the above BUT ...... who is the ebay buyer?  because if the ebay buyer is NOT Cargo2fra.... then the ebay buyer may say they have never recieved their item , and be able to claim their money back via ebay. i know paypal and ebay are the same but id be a little warey  :-\

Doesn't matter!

If Cargo2fra made the winning bid & the payment they are the customer.  They need to sign for the goods (end of sellers responsibility) .

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:56 AM by Funkyworm »

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 12:00 PM »

Doesn't matter!

If Cargo2fra made the winning bid & the payment they are the customer.  They need to sign for the goods (end of sellers responsibility) .

in that case id say your pretty much covered  and have nothing to loose :daumenhoch:

Offline The Burner King

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Thanks for all the advice, i've already put in a cancel the transaction, so i don't know what to do now? I'll see what happens - ebay never told me any of this though regarding Cargo2fra would be responsible.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Doesn't matter!

in that case id say your pretty much covered  and have nothing to loose :daumenhoch:

Cargo2fra must be breaching rules here.

As you have pointed out to ebay Cargo2fra wants to forward the goods on. I would seriously consider asking ebay to look in to their practices & ask them make the company FULLY aware that they should be leaving feedback (immediately) once the goods have been signed for at their depot & before forwarding.

This protects you,  by not leaving feedback they could conceivably leave the feedback open until such time whereby their customer has received the frame from them & if they have done a shit job of re packing the frame the customer might receive it in a damaged state & Cargo2fra could start an item damaged / not as described claim against you (as the seller)  & protecting themselves & their outlay & in doing so fooking you over.

Dont want to scare you here mate but any freight company will look to cover their own ass, so you should be aware that this is a possibility. If their customer gets a damaged frame they will cover themselves by claiming it was damaged when they received & that they didn't even forward it on.

With this in mind I think you have done the right thing in cancelling & block Cargo2fra from being able to bid on your items moving forward.
Better to be safe than sorry :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 12:24 PM by Funkyworm »

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 01:34 PM »
what a shitter, sorry for you bud.

ebay only care about EBAY and there money. end of. cover your arse where you can

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 02:12 PM »
i wonder what the argo firm does with the items they find damaged - do they still send them on? If yes, they would do it with a notice of the discovered damage (i imagine).
So the buyer would first cofront the cargo firm with any (visable) damage which they themselves didn't signify.

Offline retrogeezer

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 07:37 PM »
jeez, every single thing I read about ebay is negative these days. They are a right bunch of crooks and I haven't sold anything on there for 4 years now after being a very regular seller.

I hope you get this sorted Julian.

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 11:59 AM »

where'd you get that quote from? ....cuz that's the interesting thing imo: ...if the system would be fair/real deal, it would provide the recipient with a acknowledgment of (undamaged) receipt - that would have to be shown to the seller and ebay in case the recipient (ie. buyer) says the packet didn't arrive or not undamaged.

i take from the quote that this nt so, and IF so, all these aliases should be blocked --- that's why i'm interested to know how legit that quote is.

good work in any case - thanks  :daumenhoch:

ah, here:  http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2011/1/1293985087.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:07 PM by fischflo »

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 12:54 PM »
...after reading a lil bit in there - i think it's better to block em.

Only other solution would maybe be to add to the "international buyers please contact me about shipping rates" this: "also all intermediary cargo services that buy for international buyers should contact me for shipping rates"

cuz then you could probably just ship the package "with tracking and insurance, this helps cover my a$$".....as the guy on the last page says.

... in theory at least, because logically it should at least be the intermediary's responsibility to check item and give account of that. .....because HE is the buyer and one's own responsibility for shipment SHOULD be limited to the ebay buyer (the cargo service) getting the thing
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:03 PM by fischflo »

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 11:38 PM »
just blocked all of the above, great leg work !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Need advice on ebay item which i have sold

gfxgfx
gfx gfx