gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 05:27 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  cruiser or mtb whats the difference
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cruiser or mtb whats the difference  (Read 446 times)

Offline Bigbadsam

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • THEY CALL ME THE BEAR !
  • Rated:
cruiser or mtb whats the difference
« on: October 31, 2013, 08:49 PM »
I've recently been thinking about getting a cruiser fir the rad rides.
I love bmx, building, sourcing parts, riding some thing you've built yourself im having trouble with the old Hip replacement on a 20" so a cruiser seems to be the way to go.
I have a custom dirt jump bike already and the only difference between it and a shop bought cruiser bmx seems to be gears and bars.
is it that simple to convert it to a bmx cruiser ?  "help"
RADPORT 4TH August
Southport - Leo's Bar Midday onwards

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
Re: cruiser or mtb whats the difference
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Not really. Jump bikes are designed to have anything from an 80mm - 120mm fork on them. If you put a BMX fork on it the geometry changes quite a bit. Even if it has a rigid fork on it as standard, they are normally longer then standard BMX forks to allow guys to upgrade at a later stage. The rear wheel spacing is also wider so in some cases putting BMX wheels on isnt as easy as one might think either.

So not ideal, but I guess it cant hurt to try.  :daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: cruiser or mtb whats the difference
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 06:24 AM »
You could put a single speed kit on it and remove the front brake, you could put some rigid forks on it, S&M do some. It will still be an mtb though
And why bother, the gears will help you pedal with less pain and the suspension will absorb a lot of the jolts that hurt your hip
If you want to try a cruiser, I'm sure one of the troops would lend you one for one of the rides out
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  cruiser or mtb whats the difference

gfxgfx
gfx gfx