gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Where have all the 'good' parts gone??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where have all the 'good' parts gone??  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Where have all the 'good' parts gone??
« on: October 26, 2013, 11:33 PM »
I am in the middle of doing 2 builds at the moment and looking for choice survivor/rider parts but also mint items too. I have found on here, the Museum and Ebay, that there seems to be a lack of good quality branded parts available. I mean, no offence to anyone but, some parts I have seen for sale recently look like they were dragged from deepest depths of the darkest corner in your garage "Oh, there's that mashed up set of pedals with no bearings, end caps and rusty axles. I will post them for sale and ask £50 for them"  :crazy2:   :wtf:

Where is it all? Have most people got the stage where they won't let go of items for fear of not getting them again? Have all bikes that have been built, ben put together with minty quality parts?

Whats going on?

PS:- And please don't say Dave's (Brummies) BMX parts lockup  ;D

PPS:- I need a good surviving set of chrome 401's with sealed BB, Hutch Pro bars in chrome, Hutch bear traps (not JDB) and a set of silver Bullseye hubs please  :-*
BANNED

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
Re: Where have all the 'good' parts gone??
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Sorry, can't help you with any of the decent stuff you need, but I do have a load of tat in the darkest corner of my garage going begging :LolLolLolLol:
( not forgotten the fin ;), as soon as I get a chance I'll dig it out :daumenhoch:)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Sorry, can't help you with any of the decent stuff you need, but I do have a load of tat in the darkest corner of my garage going begging :LolLolLolLol:
( not forgotten the fin ;), as soon as I get a chance I'll dig it out :daumenhoch:)
:D   ;D

Thanks on the fin too bro  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 11:44 PM »
I think you've hit the nail on the head Terry. The really really mint parts are starting to dry up and as such people, including me, are holding onto such gems for fear of not finding them again. The really good, mint parts are bloody hard to find now............................ But it is still out there.  8)

PS: I have a set of Hutch Pro pedals if you're interested, mint bodies but fooked cages where I've fallen off my bike a few times.  :-[

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 11:48 PM »
I think you've hit the nail on the head Terry. The really really mint parts are starting to dry up and as such people, including me, are holding onto such gems for fear of not finding them again. The really good, mint parts are bloody hard to find now............................ But it is still out there.  8)

PS: I have a set of Hutch Pro pedals if you're interested, mint bodies but fooked cages where I've fallen off my bike a few times.  :-[

Adam
A few times.. Understatement  :LolLolLolLol:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 11:51 PM »
:LolLolLolLol:

Interested buddy. Fire me over a price and some pics please mate  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

rodriguez

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 12:33 AM »
Hanging on peoples walls, hoarded or in Australia, it's inevitable it would happen with a limited amount of original parts.

Putting a wanted up is a waste of time.

griff

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 12:43 AM »
Hanging on peoples walls, hoarded or in Australia, it's inevitable it would happen with a limited amount of original parts.

It never hurts to ask...

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 07:20 AM »
Well I've got the Hutch Beartraps and the Silver Bullseye Hubs but will only sell if I can shift my Frame and Forks first as there still on a bike ???

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 09:05 AM »
I had a string of people on here saying they were interested in various High end completes i have

told them they could have them just at what I paid , they were buzzing like hell

Then nothing  :crazy2:  :LolLolLolLol:

Tyre kicking ? Or I think a lot want to have  Campagnolo parts and spend with a Landar budget  :D  :daumenhoch:

People do sell on Ebay all the time

,,it's just alot of people expect  the same part for half the price on here ,just because its  RAD  ::)  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:17 AM by hunterdubber »

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12 AM »
I think many parts are on built bikes these days, you just have to look at folks collections over the world.

And yes, a fair amount too in people's lock ups etc, ready for the next builds, sure your parts will surface.

Comment made by Hunterbubber is interesting, say you have a Leary, I would personally like to see that sold as a complete, however I would imagine there are collectors out there wanting individual parts and would love to see it broken.........tis a tough one eh!

Online brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 09:13 AM »
The parts are still out there,  you just have to be patient. Every part I cave ever sold I needed back a sort time after so I try not to sell anything now unless I am sure I won't need it. I even keep all the 901s igavefor spares like the Weimar adjusters  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 09:17 AM »
L hear you, been looking for a nos or minty Takagi 130bcd 44t chainring in black for ages and they just don't seem to be about must be over year now!

Better to crash and burn than fade away

In2bmx

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:31 AM »
The good stuff is getting harder to find .

I don't hoard parts though , there all fitted to bikes.

I counted 10 pair of Redline flights yesterday  :-[ and they won't be coming up for sale anytime soon  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:06 PM by in2bmx »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Point taken Nick , :daumenhoch:

I know nowhere  near as many people want to buy a "Complete" bike ,obviously because of the financial outlay  and more often than not the parts spec isn't  exactly to your liking  :-\

or if it's a replica/tribute build ,,the bike may not be 100% correct .  :(

In my case , the bikes were 100% right  8) and the potential buyers seemed really keen  :shocked: said  the price was justified and amicable . ???

Don't get me wrong, circumstances change , but it wasn't just one or two

I suppose  , personally to answer Terry's question
 Maybe people dont put things up for sale because they think it wont sell or have already offered it with no takers
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 03:22 PM by hunterdubber »

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 09:42 AM »
Try and find a NOS one of these!

Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 10:03 AM »
Most of the good parts have been put at the back of room 101.

Seriously though, i reckon they're all on completes now and locked away. I've got rid of most of my spares and i have got another F+F set coming.  :-\ Christ knows what i'm gonna do.

Phuck all is coming up for sale on here, nothing i need anyhow. Ebay is the only place i look.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 10:20 AM »
Another reason is that people wont pay the going rate for mint rare parts and would sooner pay £20 or £30 less for something that needs restoring :uglystupid2:,
 Loads of times I've replied to peoples 'wanted ' ads',  with there illusive part they have been looking for,  only to be asked for 5 more close up pictures from every angle,  after responding to there requests it either goes all silent with no return pm (which really p1sses me off),  or I get told they are skint and only have £50 less for the item, its for this reason I don't bother replying to peoples wanted ads'.  :-\
Nearly all of us try to chip a few quid when replying to 'for sale' threads,  certainly if the sale has been going on for a few days with no takers,   so unless I don't really care much for the part I would sooner hang on to it and keep it.

prime example is 'sCotty' here....

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,167709.0.html

now offering 60% less is taking the p1ss, then after being told the 'minimum' price the seller will accept,  still makes another offer LESS!

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 10:32 AM »
I know what your saying guys but I like to build bikes and ride them when I am done, purely to get a feel of a bike I wasn't able to own back then. Once I have done this and it if doesn't suit me, I will break it down and move it on, selling the parts for what I paid, or as close to.

I feel you there though Chris about some wanting to pay Burner prices for high end parts. I don't mind paying the money as long as I don't get raped trying to move it on when I no longer need it, which happens in a lot of cases.

I can't believe we have exhausted the parts availability though, have we  ???  but I do know that to pry the parts off people is costing a pretty penny these days  :D
BANNED

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 12:47 PM »
Have you tried FB?  ::)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 01:00 PM »
Ine got loads of good stuff gathering dust.

:-*

rodriguez

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 03:06 PM »

It never hurts to ask...

You're right, I always give it a go anyway   :daumenhoch:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 03:26 PM »
As a parts horder myself I'm of the opion that there's still parts out there if you look

I hardly buy any parts these days unless I'm lucky enough to stumble on it

I don't get a buzz out of building as I find it an anti climax but I love collecting the parts as it reminds of when I was a nipper and rode to the local bike shop and looked at all the parts I couldn't afford :(

There's only two things I really want NOS MKS Grapy's and a set of NOS MX1000's with tech3's but I'm loathed to pay "today's prices"  :'(
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 03:33 PM »
did woody sell his full 401 set up the other day ?.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Point taken Nick , :daumenhoch:

No, no.....you got me wrong.....what I was trying to say was (positive)

If say you had a Leary, which we both have, correctly built (well mine is lol) - then you would want to out it as a complete, due to it being a prestigious bike.

However, there are parts on there, that you could take off to help out another collector / builder who was desperate for the part, then left with, well, a half built complete....where other parts wouldn't work.

Hence some parts are tied up in so many built bikes

If it wasn't such a 'part' particular bike, it wouldn't matter so much  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Where have all the 'good' parts gone??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx