gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 05, 2024, 12:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please  (Read 10631 times)

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • I think my eyeball is allergic to sperm.
    • +100km BMX Marathon. Donate here....
  • Rated:
Re: Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07 AM »
We had this problem on the BW site. The fb bw group is mega active with people asking the same old questions that are now buried deep in pages and pages of useful information on a site that rarely gets visited. It really is cringeworthy seeing some of the replies and the blatant cowboy sales and the make me an offer by pm shit boils my piss. I might work on developing a facebook/ebay cross platform trading app.....

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2013, 02:17 PM »
Facebook or not the most frustrating part of this site for me is the Museum section.  Now the BMXmuseum have it spot on, all in order and years too which makes finding a specific bike a doddle. If your looking specifically for one of the more popular makes for inspiration then fine but if you need to look at a model for reference then it's a pain sifting through stacks of pages.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Facebook or not the most frustrating part of this site for me is the Museum section.  Now the BMXmuseum have it spot on, all in order and years too which makes finding a specific bike a doddle. If your looking specifically for one of the more popular makes for inspiration then fine but if you need to look at a model for reference then it's a pain sifting through stacks of pages.

good point
a bugger for someone to sift through and organise mind you
in fact I only go on bmxmuseum for reference

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28 PM »
Social Media Platforms in general have been the death of many forums... and not just BMX.

A lot of the 'Burner' scene is now played out on Facebook and Instagram and in chat groups on the likes of 'Whatsapp'.

Forum use in general is becoming very diluted by these popular apps... there will always a place for Forums as specific searching for data and info is not so easily attainable on the social media sites, hash tagging helps on Instagram if your image hunting but thats about it.

griff

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2013, 02:39 PM »

good point
a bugger for someone to sift through and organise mind you
in fact I only go on bmxmuseum for reference

It is good for that, and for keeping tabs on your serial numbers!
I never found it to be a very welcoming/friendly place though & I hardly ever post there
(put this down to the scale of it, being a US forum it's a bit larger/less personal but there might be a bit of a US v UK thing too)

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2013, 02:51 PM »
Our humour is totally lost over there so that's a big part of it, but the museum section is top notch.
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2013, 05:06 PM »
must admit i use facebook rad and have enjoyed the immediate banter, also uploading pictures immediately on the meets i've been on, completely appreciate how the buying and selling on there could affect subscriptions on here which would affect the site and future events so something has to be done

controversially i have joined a new group (not being named) because i was concerned the radbmx fb page may close and wanted to keep in touch with those i had met on radbmx fb unknowing admin on there is banned from here and don't want to be seen taking sides. there seems to be issues with certain people about it but the fact people have joined 160 in 24 hrs shows there is a market for it. i and others said a page on facebook for those interested in that format should continue but be changed to a members only site so if subscribed to this site can use the fb page in conjunction with radbmx so subscription still applies u dont join rad u dont use page. i'm sure i'm not alone when i say i found this page through facebook, sure majority on there who are not members of here would pay their fees to continue using fb page and if not they can find somewhere else to go. i think rads membership would increase not decrease if that was done as non members would need to subscribe

to just say close it is easy if you dont use the site eg close burnerworld, i dont go on it but thats not how it works and nor should it
as with everything in life to survive you must move with the times people will use whatever format they want to the new fb page would have no place if rad fb hadnt been seen as spoiling this site a decision should be made

keep your friends close and your enemies closer,  close it and they will find somewhere anyway so control it and keep em
Jono

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2013, 05:25 PM »
I wonder just how many of those 160 members were automatically added like myself and other mods from here.........who all quickly removed themselves from it?

Offline Jono

• Look Back
  • RADBury 1st May (Bank Holiday Sunday)
  • Rated:
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2013, 05:32 PM »
maybe so but rest of post still holds water rad facebook was popular or this thread wouldnt have been started
Jono

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2013, 05:47 PM »
I was added to the new FB page..and I unadded myself, theres no need for it unless you are cock and have been banned from here ;D

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2013, 05:49 PM »
I was added to the new FB page..and I unadded myself, theres no need for it unless you are cock and have been banned from here ;D

yep you have not been banned from ere

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2013, 05:53 PM »
I know because im here..you cock :D

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2013, 05:58 PM »
I know because im here..you cock :D

I commented because you was half right why you was invited
you AM a cock!!

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2013, 06:19 PM »
If your'e going to Keep Rad Facebook it should be a closed group available to site supporters only then it doesn't matter if people are posting for sale threads or simply linking them back to here.

I dont go to events (never been my thing & not why i build bikes)  but can see how loosing your site supporters could put MK & other events in jeopardy & you need to do something.  Stephane has made his move (one which i don't agree with) but i can see the attraction for people wanting to buy & sell for free.  I joined this group today today (& quickly removed myself from the group when i saw who was running it) & only joined as i thought it was a new RAD sales site at first.

Fact of the matter is people on here pay £10 a year (good value) but i hardly ever sell anything on here as people have this (message board mentality) wanting everything for below market value so it makes sense for many to sell on the bay or facebook to wider audience & pay fees as they go along. Might be a false economy in the long term but it make sense for many people.

Might be time to make rad a pay only site £5 to anyone who wants to join & see the museum or any other part of the site, either that or look at other ways to raise funds because if this free site takes off it's only going to snowball.

Long Live Rad !

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2013, 09:30 AM »
I wonder just how many of those 160 members were automatically added like myself and other mods from here.........who all quickly removed themselves from it?

I was added by someone, soon as I sussed wtf was going on I left and went for a shower. Bit childish to be naming the dirty page like that too, obviously someone has been taking stalker tips off the other dumb fukker.

griff

« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42 AM »

I was added by someone, soon as I sussed wtf was going on I left and went for a shower. Bit childish to be naming the dirty page like that too, obviously someone has been taking stalker tips off the other dumb fukker.

Without trying to add anyone we're up to over 750 members on the Radbmx FB page - if you're selling on the forum then feel free to link your sales posts and post pictures on there too. Since most of the members added to the fake group are already members of the Radbmx one, posting there is hardly going to extend your 'reach'...

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2013, 10:16 AM »
I haven't seen this 'misleading' Rad site but which Rad members with any integrity would want to sell on there...?

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2013, 11:01 AM »
Fact of the matter is people on here pay £10 a year (good value) but i hardly ever sell anything on here as people have this (message board mentality) wanting everything for below market value so it makes sense for many to sell on the bay or facebook to wider audience & pay fees as they go along. Might be a false economy in the long term but it make sense for many people.
To be honest, it's £10. Is that a lot really? It works out at 0.027p per day. Hardly a hardship for anyone is it.

Selling and buying on here helps me to provide the items that I no longer require to members who need them and attain items that I require at a much suitable price. Why on earth would you really want to sell items on Ebay and pay a massive 14% of your funds to a middle man? It also helps to drive up the rpices of items as sellers will add the 14% into their prices and some also charge for materials used and walking or driving to the damned PO  :idiot2:  I get all my packaging from the local shop for FREE and buy brown tape in bulk. Why should I charge anyone for going to the PO  :knuppel2:

This is what the 'Sales' section of this forum is for. To help others and yourself in obtaining items for your builds at Members prices. If we all done it, it would continue to thrive. We all know who the 'grab it to sell on Ebay' people are and they added to the messers section for all to see.

Also, if you choose to buy from overseas and pay ridiculous prices for customs fees and shipping costs, that's on your head. Those charges should not be pushed onto potential buyers of this forum  :yahoo_silent:

That being said, you are free to pedal your wares wherever you wish and charge what you feel is right. The market itself will assertain the 'right' price for an item  :daumenhoch:

I'm just saying like  :whistle:
BANNED

Offline MaD-RoK

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2013, 11:03 AM »
I haven't seen this 'misleading' Rad site but which Rad members with any integrity would want to sell on there...?

Clueless numpties, people looking for offers, and flippers by the looks.   :bellend:

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2013, 03:33 PM »

Clueless numpties, people looking for offers, and flippers by the looks.   :bellend:

So are any members selling on there?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2013, 08:05 PM »
facebook is ace. Rad has changed.
ding dong

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2013, 09:27 AM »
facebook is ace. Rad has changed.

I thought you was the new jimmyp on Facebook

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2013, 12:39 PM »
i thought you were dating that fat bloke  :pilky:
ding dong

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2013, 01:01 PM »
i thought you were dating that fat bloke  :pilky:

I am, so comfy and cuddly

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2013, 12:17 AM »
you look so sweet together on facebook.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Rad Facebook page being used to sell stuff, thoughts please

gfxgfx
gfx gfx