gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Seat post shims
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Seat post shims  (Read 757 times)

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Seat post shims
« on: October 24, 2013, 06:33 PM »
I been having trouble with a seat post shim on my lasses burner. Its a mk1 burner with the larger diameter seat post size so I got a shim to convert it to 22mm.

I was using it this way, dropping the shim into the seatpost, then putting the clamp over the top, but when I do this, it seems to be putting more pressure on the shim rather than the frame. Is this the correct way to use it?

Or is this the correct way? putting the clamp on first then dropping the shim over the top, its loosly fitted but the picture should show the idea. I am thinking the first way looks correct, but this 2nd way could possibly put more pressure on the seatpost frame tube rather than the shim.

Offline garran

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Seat post shims
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:15 PM »
we used to do it the 2nd photo way

Offline mattuknc

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 07:17 PM »
^^ the bottom one, doesn't look as 'neat' but does the job as it should.  :daumenhoch:
'15 PK Ripper - '13 Mankind Action - '12 Skyway TA XL - '04 King Bike Co Trial - '02 Hoffman EP -  '83 Mongoose Expert

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Tried it the 2nd way, filed the clamp so it fits perfect, nipped it up, then dropped the shim in, followed by the post, locked solid now, loads better  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Seat post shims

gfxgfx
gfx gfx