gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975625 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 26, 2024, 03:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Should we put something on front page explaining people need to re-register?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Should we put something on front page explaining people need to re-register?  (Read 1529 times)

griff

Since the crash people have been saying the site is slow, but I wonder if we're making it hard for them to

1) realise they have to register
2) get past the NOS question etc

Can we maybe put something on the front page advertising that the site has been rebuilt & they need to re-register and maybe make it a bit easier to get in without compromising anything. Even knowing what NOS stands for I struggled if I'm honest to get past the code thing until I could view it on a large screen, was impossible using the iphone and on the ipad (but that could be my eyes!)

People are inherently lazy and things like facebook pander to this, even Woody has only just been able to get on

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
And you have only just realised this?
It was suggested months ago.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
I thought we already did tbh

griff

And you have only just realised this?
It was suggested months ago.  :daumenhoch:

has it happened yet though?
just asking that's all

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
I don't know? I was just saying it was suggested a few weeks after the site was put online.
The people that I have met on ride outs tell me they can't log on. I keep explaining to them, even though the site still looks the same it isn't the same, they need to re-regester under their old username with either the same or a different password, Not log on, As the new site doesn't recognise them as they aren't registered. :daumenhoch:

Offline Faze 3

• Site Supporter
  • Rockwalk
  • No school like the old school
  • Rated:
I'm confused ( it doesn't take much to be fair :pilky:) Whats happened to the site? No freestyle bikes section?

I'm still logged in with messages etc, but can't post on for sale anymore? :(

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
I'm confused ( it doesn't take much to be fair :pilky:) Whats happened to the site? No freestyle bikes section?

I'm still logged in with messages etc, but can't post on for sale anymore? :(

the sections are there, but they're not where they were. They're in their own sub-sections.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,61.0.html

Griff, I think I used there/their/they're correctly in that reply  :daumenhoch:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Right on top bar on http://www.radbmx.co.uk/ it should state something like this:
"Old members need to reregister - and use same old name and spelling to get old posts back! (..due to site redesign in June 2012 :D)"

griff

the sections are there, but they're not where they were. They're in their own sub-sections.

Griff, I think I used there/their/they're correctly in that reply  :daumenhoch:

Thanks Nick for caring  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Right on top bar on http://www.radbmx.co.uk/ it should state something like this:
"Old members need to reregister - and use same old name and spelling to get old posts back! (..due to site redesign in June 2012 :D)"

I agree. I posted up a topic or a comment about this a few months ago. There's nothing to tell the casual viewer/member that this is the NEW radbmx site, and that members will need to re-register. I'm sure there are still a fair few members who are unaware of the recent site problems and new site creation. Can one of the mods get something posted up on the home page please? Thanks

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
The front Home page is seperate to the main forum and only Bru/Stodgy/TrickyRich can update it i'm afraid. 

I do find it a little hard to believe though that people don't know they have to re-register  ???  i thought we drove it down peoples throats for long enough to be honest  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Should we put something on front page explaining people need to re-register?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx