gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:17 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How much ££ to remove chromoly from haro 4130 frame !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How much ££ to remove chromoly from haro 4130 frame !  (Read 776 times)

Offline Sc0tty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
How much ££ to remove chromoly from haro 4130 frame !
« on: September 29, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Hi chaps, been talking with superbikedan via PM on this site, and I sent him some pics of my haro frame. There is pitting of the chrome in place, and Dan reckons that to get a pucka powder finish I should get the chrome stripped. Anyone know any places in Berks/Hants/Surrey/Bucks or Oxon that could do this, and what the likely costs would be for strip only??

Any advice is much appreciated. At this time I am in two minds whether to just sell the frame and start again with a better frame ! (rear dropouts are not great, and one of the brazed-on cable glands is fooked too)  :( :-\ :'( :'(

Damn these old bikes !! :) ;)

rodriguez

Re: How much ££ to remove chromoly from haro 4130 frame !
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Anything made out of metal is repairable but it depends on the lengths you want to go to and your budget.

A pic would help!

As SBD says to remove the chrome properly you need a chromer.

Change chromoly in the title to chrome as people are maybe a bit confuzzled as to what you're looking for.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:37 PM »
the chromer i use in southampton charges £50 a 1 hour flat rate to strip a f&f :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:52 PM »
Look online for a chrome platers near you. Any chrome players can strip your frame without fooking it up. You only need to be fussy about what plater you use when your having stuff rechromed.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Sc0tty

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Cheers guys.  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How much ££ to remove chromoly from haro 4130 frame !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx