gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 03:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event  (Read 3130 times)

aaronsat

Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event
« on: August 08, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Just wanted to find out if many of the RAD members are going to the Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event...

On the site it mentions an old school race - Or is it a bit too soon after MK for some of you old timers :LolLolLolLol:

QuadPaul

Re: Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:31 PM »
I'll be going as I'm racing in the regional anyway and will take the quad as well. If there's enough of us up for an O/S race then I'm in.

Maybe we can do what we did at Daggers in Jun and run an O/S demo race in the lunch time break rather than a full 3 moto's and a final..

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 09:28 PM »
I'll be there but not sure about the racing though!

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Guys, check the press release from Uncle Buck.... gotta be some of the guys going?

Press Release:

Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event.

Date: August 20th 2006

Venue: Hayes BMX Club, Lake Farm Country Park, Dawley Road, Hayes, Middx

Hawks BMX Club, originally Hillingdon Hawks BMX Club are celebrating 25 years of history and continued existence, promoting Bicycle Moto X and providing a place to safely ride for the youth of Hillingdon.

It all started back in 1981 on a piece of land on Kingshill Ave, next to the council yard, where a group of local kids and parents got together and built a BMX Race track. Ron Bonwick and his son Geoff where the main instigators at the time to get the track up and running and it was not long before the Club had over 300 members during the BMX Boom of the 80’s.

The Hawks BMX Club would love to invite all of its old members along with their families to celebrate the day and enjoy the fun and if you feel like getting out your old bike and kit and having a go again, there will be a race just for you called “Hawks Past Masters”.

There will also be a marquee trackside at the event with display boards and videos playing, so if you are an old Hawks member with old photos and videos, bring them along too to share with all the other old and current Hawks members.

The same day will also be the Lake Farm Country Park Festival, with inflatable’s, face painting, dog show, tom bola, pig roast and loads more fun for all the family.

There will also be a full on BMX Race event with a Round of the South Region Summer Series and Old Skool BMX Race and Old Skool Show & Shine

Come along and be part of the celebration and enjoy the fun of the day.

The day will kick off at 10.30am with Registration to race, with racing starting around 12.30-12.45pm

Go to www.hawksbmx.co.uk for more info or call Scott Dick on 07944557689

Flying_fox

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 10:41 PM »
I bumped into mr UKBMX Sam Woods, father of region 9 legend Darren today, he's going. :daumenhoch:

Can anyone remember Sam on the mic?? Could that bloke come out with some phrases, he was the first person I ever heard use the word humungious describing a jump. Lets hope Bucky lets Sam have a go for old times sake.

Any one thinking of going who thought the jumps at MK were big........bring some spare pants!!

Tonydabutcha's son Billy going mental on Englands biggest first straight! Respek!!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I bumped into mr UKBMX Sam Woods, father of region 9 legend Darren today, he's going. :daumenhoch:

Can anyone remember Sam on the mic?? Could that bloke come out with some phrases, he was the first person I ever heard use the word humungious describing a jump. Lets hope Bucky lets Sam have a go for old times sake.

Excellent, I used to ride with Darren bitd, they lived up the road in Tatling End!

Sam was a master MC on the MIC that's for sure and a really top fella too  :daumenhoch:

And those new jumps are fecking wicked, there will some of this at the next meet  :10_2_12:  :LolLolLolLol:

aaronsat

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 10:54 PM »
You have got to be shitting me.... those pictures must have been edited on photoshop :LolLolLolLol:

No way you would catch me doing that on my little DP Firebird :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 11:10 PM »
You have got to be shitting me.... those pictures must have been edited on photoshop :LolLolLolLol:

No way you would catch me doing that on my little DP Firebird :LolLolLolLol:

Nope, they really are that fecking big and Billy really does jump that high  :shocked:

aaronsat

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:15 PM »
i'm gonna be filling my tyres with Helium!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 11:30 PM »
just been on the burner site and seen sam woods posting on there.
try and get him on here if you can.
i bet he's got some good ole stories  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

oldmankev

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 10:49 AM »
There not called the Hawks Himalayas for nothing, be prepared
they is HUGE.

aaronsat

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 10:52 AM »
So, do we think there is going to be a full gate for the old school?

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 03:59 PM »
I really hope that we can get some of you guys there riding an os race, we also want to run a past masters race for old hawks members.

Also heard Nick Restall will be there with some of the old Hawks boys, Sedgwick, Saunders, Lee Alexander etc etc..

so all shaping up to be good...I even got an e.mail from Sam Wood's partner and old Hawks rider Paula Dibben for a new hawks membership and they will be down too with the family ??. Hopefully Darren Wood will be there too.

Big story going in the local press this week calling all the old members to come down.

Jamie Staff is also hoping to make it down...

yeah sorry u old timers about the jumps. but its all about the new skool now and bringing them on, bloody great fun seeing them do it too..

we have gate practice this thurs night from 6.00pm if u fancy it, but check with the weather before setting out, my mob no is on hawks website..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 04:00 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Come on guys  :daumenhoch:

Anyone else gonna be there ?

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 02:25 AM »
shit a brick... i thought the first doubles at Harworth were sizeable  :shocked:

Flying_fox

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 09:56 PM »
Come on guys  :daumenhoch:

Anyone else gonna be there ?

Are you going then Matt?? Or is there another stag weekend you have to go on?? ;)

An old school gate would be cool to watch, so come on guys get those bikes out and use them. :2gunsfiring_v1:

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 09:50 AM »
lil update...

Relentless are supplying 120 cans of drink for the riders which will be given out after 3 rd moto..

going to run a high jump comp over the Himaylalas, with winner takes all cash prize. during break after motos..hope the wind is in the right direction ?

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 08:17 PM »
is there going to be show n shine? to old to race :shocked:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 09:41 PM »
is there going to be show n shine? to old to race :shocked:

Yep , check page 1 Press Release  :daumenhoch:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 07:54 PM »
cheers matt :daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 09:42 AM »
another update....

great night down the track last night for our last nightrider summer club race...

Old Skool heaven with old Hawks members..Keith Joseph and his daughter, Sam & Darren Wood with Sam & Paula Dibbens two kids, Andy Welsh, Simon Hayes and family, if that is anything to go by this sun will be mental...
Dale u would have loved it, Keith had a few goes round the track lost none of his skills and wants to ride sunday, only lives across the road from the track now..

Andy has left his two worlds no plates to display and we are getting loads of old photos too..

weather looks ok for sunday as well..

yep show & shine all welcome, might have to bring own easi up and we lost two the other week in the wind, but sure we can find somewhere if not..

Flying_fox

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 07:13 PM »

Some top class pictures from a top class days racing and talk old school can be found here: http://www.eastkentbmx.co.uk/Gallery2.htm

Loads of names from the past turned out and some nice old bikes as well.

Some rad members made it there, Muttley even managed a mid-race 180, show off.

muttley

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Muttley even managed a mid-race 180, show off.
  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 09:42 PM »
I think I have a picture of that  :LolLolLolLol:

muttley

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 08:03 AM »
Oooh oooh let me see  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hawks BMX Club 25th Anniversary Event

gfxgfx
gfx gfx