gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BMX Time Bandits 2013 - N.E. Tour
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Time Bandits 2013 - N.E. Tour  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Draco

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
BMX Time Bandits 2013 - N.E. Tour
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:08 PM »
See here for last year's thread.

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,132828.25.html

The board wants me to start a new thread so here goes.

"help"

As one of the filmmakers behind the documentary covering this year's ride, I'm seeking some Creative Commons media and quotes to use in the film; not to mention background!

The ride covers a bunch of tracks across the NE - Faverdale (derelict); Teesside Airport (gone); Stockton Tilery (4X); South Bank; Eston (gone); Eston £90,000 BMX; Herlingshaw indoor (gone); Dormanstown (new); Redcar Racecourse (gone); Saltburn golf course (derelict); Skelton Green and Margrove Park.

I think that's all of them - 50+ miles across Teesside, County Durham and Cleveland.

Given that the riders behind the idea are too young to remember most of these (!) information is pretty scant, so I would appreciate it anyone could fill in the blanks for me.

* Your memories of any/all of these in a few words (you'll be quoted and credited on screen).

* Any information you might have to improve my complete ignorance of these tracks. The only thing I've been able to find so far is that Eston's track cost in the region of £90,000 to build and was closed almost as quickly as it was opened due to safety concerns.  :wtf:

* Any digital pictures or scans you can spare us on a non-exclusive, CC licence.  Again - you get full name credit etc. but we can't offer you any other rewards, e.g. cash.

Anyone and everyone who provides information to we included will receive a mention in the credit roll and where practical, access to the first digital copies of the film.

I should stress this is not a commercial project; it's been done by friends for friends at no cost.

Offline nosepickben

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: BMX Time Bandits 2013 - N.E. Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Fond memories of redcar. Awesome track to ride, jumped my first set of triples there.
Near enough to the arcades to sneak off for a game of "out run" between motos.
Track was a u-within-a-u with a proper pro section.

Offline Draco

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Re: BMX Time Bandits 2013 - N.E. Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 06:55 PM »
Great stuff. Keep 'em coming!

Unless you tell me otherwise, I'll credit the quotes I use to your screen name. If you want to use another name, please send me a PM.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BMX Time Bandits 2013 - N.E. Tour

gfxgfx
gfx gfx