gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:11 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Paint stripper help please!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Paint stripper help please!  (Read 861 times)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Paint stripper help please!
« on: September 20, 2013, 02:52 PM »
I am trying to strip the paint finish off a MK1 Raleigh burner I have tried 4 different types of paint stripper including the one people swear by on here and have also just tried Nitromoors all of which have not touched it  :2gunsfiring_v1: what do I do? what do I use? Is it some kind of powder used on it?

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: Paint stripper help please!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:55 PM »
You've used Synstrip and it's not budged it? Hogwash  :LolLolLolLol:

You could try giving it a bit of a rough over with sandpaper to break the surface of the coating and leave the Synstrip on for 30 mins  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Yep used synstrip :( scored the frame with a blade left it and sod all happened? the synstrip I had was in the shed and has gone a bit like jelly? not sure if this is a problem but its never worked on any frame I've tried before either unless some bugger sold me synstrip that isn't synstrip if you catch my drift  ???

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Hmm - does the Synstrip smell like hairgel?  :D

Odd that 'cos it's shifted everything I've chucked it on - Nitromors et al are shite now sadly - pop down your local car spares shop and grab a can of gasket remover - that might do the job?
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 06:18 PM »
if it was Synstrip it wudda dunnit  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:34 PM »
Yep used synstrip :( scored the frame with a blade left it and sod all happened? the synstrip I had was in the shed and has gone a bit like jelly? not sure if this is a problem but its never worked on any frame I've tried before either unless some bugger sold me synstrip that isn't synstrip if you catch my drift  ???

Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 08:11 PM »

somethings not right here, i use this stuff daily to remove powder and paint and 9 out of 10 frames it will remove no problem, every now and then i get caught out with a bugger that wont come off so it goes off for blasting, either the synstrip has lost its strengh being out of date or your just unlucky, try to heat the synstrip and stir it up so you break the gell :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Paint stripper help please!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx