gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 06:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HARO EXPERTS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HARO EXPERTS  (Read 571 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
HARO EXPERTS
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:31 PM »
Ok after being a bit down on BMX recently after being ripped off by a couple of people & fooked over by someone else I missed out on MK as I just couldn't be arsed with the whole (Scene).....

I did however go to Westbourne Studios the other night to Dom's book signing met a a few peeps from here along with Dom & Mr H himself & I have to say as a result I came away totally stoked  :daumenhoch: I'm still on a downer & pissed with the people who have crossed me but i guess theres arse holes in every walk of life & setting that aside my love for Old school still remains &  today I decided to look for another Haro & managed to pick up an 88 Sport F&F on the bay.

Ive looked at the 88 brochure & can see 2 Sport models,  one i think is the (Team model) with lugs for a rear 890 calliper & cabling on the down tube & then  the normal sport which runs the brake cable along the top tube (this is the one i have) although its had custom white paint & has team decals.

After looking through the Museum I keep seeing bikes described as the 1988.5 & for the life of me i cant tell the difference between the 88.5 & the 88.

Are thee any Haro Experts out there that can let me know what the difference is (was it a difference in the frame & forks) so that when i receive mine i can tell what it is that i have actually bought or was it a more subtle difference in the spec & the bars maybe ??? 

Thanks in advance  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: HARO EXPERTS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29 PM »
Callum

Can't help with the disagreements you've had but the Sport question is a good one I'd like to know the answer to as well.

I just bought an 88 Sport and it is longer than the last 88 Sport I owned by 1/2" at least on the top tube which ia confusing the hell out of me :-\

Spen
Still limping......

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:07 AM »
Callum

Can't help with the disagreements you've had but the Sport question is a good one I'd like to know the answer to as well.

I just bought an 88 Sport and it is longer than the last 88 Sport I owned by 1/2" at least on the top tube which ia confusing the hell out of me :-\

Spen

Been doing a bit of trawling through the internet mate & I think the 88.5 was the Sport that came with Tuffs instead of spokes I also think it had a fully painted frame without the rear chrome detailing. the 88 Team sport only came in black with rear chrome & lugs for 890 callipers. Guess i wont know what mine is unless i scrape back the paint or powder that mines coming with as its ben done in white. The guy selling it reckons he didnt have it done & didnt build the bike up so maybe someone on here did the restoration ?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:25 AM »
Yes the one you have is referred to as the 88.5 Sport, it is the same as the 88 Sport but as you have pointed out without the rear 990 lugs, cable guides & chrome, I'm not sure why they made these with out the 990s but I did hear somewhere that there was a problem getting hold of AD 990s, but I'm not so sure if that's true or not  "nono"

I remember a load of these Nos for sale a few years ago for something like £115 & they sat on eBay for ages  :shocked:

Very nice F&F BTW  8)

Offline pkripster

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:52 AM »
thats that deanszy guy off ebay that white god knows how times he listed it :daumenhoch:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 12:53 AM »
Yes the one you have is referred to as the 88.5 Sport, it is the same as the 88 Sport but as you have pointed out without the rear 990 lugs, cable guides & chrome, I'm not sure why they made these with out the 990s but I did hear somewhere that there was a problem getting hold of AD 990s, but I'm not so sure if that's true or not  "nono"

I remember a load of these Nos for sale a few years ago for something like £115 & they sat on eBay for ages  :shocked:

Very nice F&F BTW  8)

Always wanted to do a white black blue build so when i saw this i had to have it  !!!! ! wish i had only paid £115 for it though but at nearly 3 times the price still well worth it (hopefully) when it arrives.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56 AM »
thats that deanszy guy off ebay that white god knows how times he listed it :daumenhoch:

Na, it was a different seller miaringo2010

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HARO EXPERTS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx