gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cruiser BB question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Cruiser BB question  (Read 625 times)

FuNMoNsTeR

Cruiser BB question
« on: August 04, 2006, 02:31 PM »
I have fitted a Sugino 1 piece crank and BB from a silver streak to my Torker cruiser... The bearings and bearing cages look in good shape but there is resistance when i pedal backward and i have to run the assembly 'loose' for it to move freely. Are cruiser BB made to take a different size bearing in the Bottom Bracket?

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Cruiser BB question
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Have you checked the chain tension? and that the chain ring and sprocket are paralel?
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 04:49 PM »
also is the resistance constant or loose then tight?if loose then tight,then your chainring probably isn't running concentric,it'll need centering.

Bren Gunn

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 07:15 PM »
Have you got the bearings in the right way around?

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:28 PM »
concentric

nice word

Rich

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:54 PM »
did you check the chainline Andy??
 :) DINGO :)

bof

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 11:38 PM »
If I left the cups in the bottom bracket (which I think I did)I suggest you take them out and fit different ones they where from some weird BB that required matching bits, if you compare your diamond back cups closely they will look different.
The stem was made by a bloke who was part of the Ashton bikes team (ashton under-lyne, Manchester) There where quite a few of them knocking about round here.
The frame is I am almost sure a 340x it came out at the same time as the  oval gusset 20 inch torker which should make it easier to put a year to it. 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Cruiser BB question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx