gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tuff 2 Coaster Conversion
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tuff 2 Coaster Conversion  (Read 975 times)

Offline Orange777

• My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Tuff 2 Coaster Conversion
« on: July 23, 2013, 08:18 PM »
Guys - any experts on here that can tell me what I can buy (and from where) to convert a 1984 Tuff 2 with a coaster? I have spent a fortune on the wheels, then having them aqua blasted. I just need to find a method to swap the coaster.

Seen some kits on the museum but the posts are years old. Finny told me that there was an expert on RAD. I was (I think) chattng to him before the CRASH!!

Any help would be great - even if its to say its impossible. Worst case I thought I could remove the whole hub - buy a new one and then try find a way to fit it

Thanks!!

Julian :daumenhoch:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Tuff 2 Coaster Conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:29 PM »
a) why don't you just get  new wheel with the right hub?

b) otherwise there are these acs freecoaster conversion kits ..... wait i have alink wher the thingy are described....

->
- acs freecoaster

c) if you really wanna drill out the whole thing might wann read a little f.ex in here -just for starters and links-
-http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,162577.msg1624818.html#msg1624818
-http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,162577.msg1624777.html#msg1624777     :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:33 PM by fischflo »

Offline Orange777

• My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Hi fischflo,

Its a good question. Basically the build is pretty pure with 1984 everything (few exceptions). The Tuff's have the original white embossing on the rim and are steel hubbed.

If I could find some near NOS yellow Tuff 2's from that era I would go for them - just never able to find any.

Thanks for the kit link. I believe I have heard of the ACS one but could not find it.

THANK YOU!!

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 08:37 PM »
you should be able to find a yellow orphan/set !?     also looksky around in our 4 sale section     ..... !

... i mean yello  ;D

how about restoring on old pair/ single .....loads of peeps could help you with that on here ... it's our speciality  ^"^

Offline Orange777

• My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:49 PM »
Hi,

I have been on here for about 18 months and you are right, the help is always awesome. Just lost all the info / contacts I had as I have no posts or PM's showing and it looks like I joined today! Worse still is I had sold some parts to people - posted them and no idea who they are!! :) It took me months to get back online, so maybe they will pop up soon!

I have been looking for an orphan or pair for about six months but nothing better than the one I have. Saying that it took me 6 months to get a 43T NOS Tuf Neck Cam and then I ended up with two in original packets within a week of each other!

Resto is an option - I did restore some white ones with help from here, but.......... the yellow when you aqua blast them and compare them (even with others) - they look different. I have considered a Dylon but I dont really have the facilities.

Finny was telling me that WD40 brings the yellow back up. Not tried this yet as wanted to get the hubs right. I bought a front wheel hub (Skyway original) with bolts that I thought I could maybe use.

Guess will just need to keep looking. Nothing simple with old school builds (more so given I am **** at doing it!)

Thanks fischflo - will keep on looking! :)

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 08:53 PM »
yeah better toget a full set (.....restored).... cause of the slight botherig differences in shade  :(

just 1 more thing ---- you can get your ..or at least the MOST of your old posts reallocated to and your post count actualized (is that a word?) on your current account    ...... as long as your name hasn't changed!
.... in case you wanna search for old pposts of yours etc .....   .. might be useful!
 :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:55 PM by fischflo »

Offline Orange777

• My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 08:56 PM »
Legend!! I never knew that. It might help me. Will see if any Admins can help!!

:daumenhoch: :smitten:

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 01:14 AM »
Funky might have a set he don't care about - i really dont know, just check it out  :daumenhoch:

-> http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,163196.msg1630754.html#msg1630754

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 09:01 AM »
If you wanted to go down the acs freecoaster route, I have one with a sprocket fitted that I don't want to use, I'd be happy for a straight swap for your driver and cog.

Mark M
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline Orange777

• My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 08:12 PM »
Hi guys - sorry had Bband issues!!

Straight swap sounds amazing - will that achieve what I am trying to do? Also what from mine do you need? Can get photos of the whole set up if any use?

THANK YOU!!!

Julian

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Tuff 2 Coaster Conversion

gfxgfx
gfx gfx