gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 12:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX wedding ring
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX wedding ring  (Read 627 times)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
BMX wedding ring
« on: July 21, 2013, 12:10 AM »
So as I posted a few weeks back that I've just hot engaged to my lady, I've been thinking s little about my wedding ring. I'm a fussy bast@rd I need something really thin. I want your good folks opinions on what I have in mind. I'm thinking white gold with a comp 3 tread engraved all around the ring. What do you think? Please give an honest opinion. Too tacky or spot on?

griff

Re: BMX wedding ring
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:22 AM »
comp 3 tread would be fiddly to do, what about comp pools?  :D

having the tread pattern sticking out and gold being a relatively soft metal it might wear down, engraving it inwards it would be a pain in the arse to clean as it would collect DNA

pity you want a thin one, one of these might have done the job...

leehunt1

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:40 AM »
if you did manage to find someone that can engrave the tread it would cost a small fortune !!  :(

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46 AM »
Personally, I think it would be too tacky. Bmx is a hobby, sport, collectable and recreation. A marraige is a special day in your life and trying to combine the two is, for me, wrong.

You can always have a ring made anytime to show your love for Bmx but, only once to show your love for your wife to be  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 11:03 AM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline PK.RIPPER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 10:50 AM »
As been mentioned the tread pattern will be very difficult to do and really expensive to get done and that's if you can find somebody to do it for you, plus yes the gold will wear through very quickly on all the high points.

As for bmx items that could be made into a ring hhhmmmmm , flex fighters as already been mentioned by griff what about a section of seat post tubeing, piece of frame tubeing from seat post back obviously,handle bar tubeing, dare I say it if your finger is small a section of stem tube sorry just remembered you said needs to be thin  :-[, or even the tubeing that goes over the crank shaft in the bottom bracket on a three piece crank, cannot think of any more at the mo .

But at the end of the day it might be a lot easier and a lot less hassle and do what everybody else ends up doing just buying a boring old plain ring from a shop  :P

Offline PK.RIPPER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 10:51 AM »
Totally agree with hellboy  :daumenhoch: spot on buddy.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I agree with Terry but if you do decide to go ahead with the idea pm me. I know loads of jewelers and i have an idea which could save you a small fortune  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

leehunt1

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Personally, I think it would be too tacky. Bmx is a hobby, sport, collectable and recreation. A marraige is a special day in your life and trying to combine the two is, for me, wrong.

You can always have a ring made anytime to show your love for Bmx but, only once to show your love for your wife to be  :daumenhoch:

Tissues please  :'(

leehunt1

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44 PM »

As for bmx items that could be made into a ring hhhmmmmm ,

I use a OPC as a prince albert !!

Just saying Like  :-X

Offline Hmoon27

• Look Back
  • There's only one path to follow....
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Jewellery quarter in brum , they'll do anything and are cheap as.
Personally I agree terry but each to there own :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX wedding ring

gfxgfx
gfx gfx