gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 01:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  kuwahara champion look a likes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: kuwahara champion look a likes  (Read 1820 times)

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
kuwahara champion look a likes
« on: July 22, 2013, 06:00 PM »
a mate of mine has just bought himself what looks like a kuwi champion,ive not seen it in the flesh but he thinks it isn't as when he looked at them on t'internet there were very very subtle differences,none that I could see though from the pic of his bike that he sent.so what looky likeys are there of this frameset?? ???
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: kuwahara champion look a likes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Primo made 'copies' of the Kuwahara Champion about two years after its release. I chatted to a bloke at Primo who'd been around since the get go and confirmed they did do a Primo version. The differences are very subtle and I've seen at least one Primo sold as a Kuwahara.

The story of the Kuwahara Champion is an interested one - an enigma - as Kuwahara in Japan didn't have anything to do with it (I emailed them too!) and Mr. Everything Bicycles can't remember them either. But there they are...

Looking at the dropouts & seat collar on my Champion and Dirtbike leads me to believe they're S&M made - IMHO...

Absolutely lovely to ride - very stable.

Check the headtube and fork dropouts.

Mine came from an old Kuwahara dealer in Texas. Apparently they were given to 400 Kuwahara dealers by the distributor.

:)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:28 PM by 20to26 »

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Interesting read that is  :daumenhoch:

One thing though - S&M couldn't have made the frames as they didn't start in house manufacture until 2002. In all likelihood they may have been made by the same peeps that made S&M frames (and frames for a few other companies) -  it was B&E that did all the building for these companies in the real early 90's  :daumenhoch:

*quick edit - in fact them drops look a lot like the later MK1 and MK2 Dirtbike drops, so I reckon B&E prob. made them n'all  :daumenhoch:

and another edit  ;D Them forks drops look very Revcore/CW - I believe B&E also made schizz for the in the late 80's/early 90's.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:47 PM by Dannywhac »
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 06:56 PM »
Aha. Yeah I meant to say a Mk1 Dirtbike dropouts - well spotted.  B&E eh

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 08:22 PM »
Has to be B&E...

Revcore, S&M, Hyper. It's all there, bottom bracket shell, head tube, seat tube, drop outs. Unfortunately it was designed by Stevie Wonder.

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Has to be B&E...

Revcore, S&M, Hyper. It's all there, bottom bracket shell, head tube, seat tube, drop outs. Unfortunately it was designed by Stevie Wonder.

B&E????  ???

oh aye  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  kuwahara champion look a likes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx