gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  time to sell up
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: time to sell up  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
time to sell up
« on: July 08, 2013, 12:06 AM »
like a fair few people , ive just not been feeling the bmx vibe lately ..... i love meeting you guys the rides and M.K. but the chase for parts and the need to build has just gone ...  :(  .. im sure by now most of you will have scene  a few of my builds on ebay as completes..... which to be honest dont seam to be moving as completes. Just spent some time up in my man cave to gather my thoughts and take a good look at the bikes ive accumilated since 2001 . some i cant sell  like the bike that got me back into old school ..THE RED RIPPER... or the bike i rode as a kid my MONGOOSE CALI ......... anyway its time to brake a good chunk of it down and sell it on.

im going to let the stuff on ebay run its course .....so if any radster are interested in any thing on ebay message me . i really didnt want to split bikes up for 2 reasons. one the hastle and two i dont really want to be left with odds and sods. but if things arnt shifting as completes then the spanners are coming out and the breakers yard is opening  :LolLolLolLol:.....

Frames and forks need to go first before the parts on the bikes . heres an idea of things that will be going and if anything takes your fancy feel free to message me

1... Profile champ f+f
2... freeagent pro f+f
3... freeagent cruiser f+f
4... dyno vfr f+f
5... se assasin pro f+f
6... jmc mini full bike

z rims i will be selling if i shift the frames will be .......
1... black rims on gold suzue
2... yellow rims on black suzue
3... green rims on green suzue
4... lavender rims on pink suzue
5... blue 24 rims on sealed blue suzue
6... blue rims on blue suzue

bikes i may break up and sell are

1... brackens
2... floval flyer
3... mrd expert
4... quad angle
5... patterson
6... sunn Dylans Claytons race frame ..

now before people get giddy on the z rims ... the wheels wont be sold before the frames have gone.

anyway ... thats were im at ive far to many builds so im gona break up the ones that mean the least to me first and ill carry on till im happy with whats left  :D  ripper,cali,robo, torker, and gt mini performer will defo not be for sale ...cant speek for the others  :D

although im not feeling the bmx vibe like i used to ..... im still gona be on rad , and will be on the rides /meetings pissups in the snow , bbq's ,M.K. and of course as long as the demand for a WIGAN ride is there then ill sort that out  :daumenhoch: im sure i will keep more than i will sell..... but when its up for sale its for sale and im always up for haggle   but remember i had to buy my bmx parts no one gave them to me .... so i cant just give them away either  ::)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:06 PM by Badbaldie »

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Re: time to sell up
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 12:11 AM »
Shame that Lenny ........ but you had far too many anyway  :D

Get them thinned out , keep coming on the rides and you never know the love might return  ;)  or you can take up Rallying  :D

Carlos might be interested in them Blue Z's mate for his Robo freestyler  ;)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Bigbadsam

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • THEY CALL ME THE BEAR !
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19 AM »
It seems alot more folk were saying the same thing at Chester and Manchester, has the  recession reached the bmx world or have people just fell out of love with old school ?

Personaly  ive not had much time for playing bmx what with my hip being bad again and looking after the baby. But i cant wait to get my health back and to renew my love of all things old school  :smitten:

p.s. ill nip round an have a butchers at your wears Leonardo (ninja turtle)
RADPORT 4TH August
Southport - Leo's Bar Midday onwards

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:25 AM »
its a shame your feeling that way Len, seems like a lot are  at the moment, myself included, for me I think ive been working too much and not messing with parts that I enjoy, just need some quality bike time...mmmmm 24" blue z'ds ;D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:36 AM »
I had a feeling this thread was coming mate, and I'm sorry you feel like this.  :'(

Like Joff said, keep riding and having the craic with the boys and the love may return. :4_17_5:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 07:00 AM »
Been there and definitely got that t-shirt Lenny. The day I split my Badlander was the lowest day in bmx for me but I still love the rides and every now and then I think I will build something but haven't been tempted yet.

Take the family on a good holiday or something useful with the cash and start again when you're ready. Btw, good luck with the sales fella :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 05:47 PM »
Shame buddy  :shocked: sent u a Txt

In2bmx

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05 PM »
Shame that mate :( ... I keep thinking the same yet still keep buying   :crazy2:  :LolLolLolLol:
I'd be interested in the wheels and a few bits for the Robbo freestyler if the frame and forks go :)

Online brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 08:21 PM »
Well there is something I didn't think I would here :'(
Good luck with the Sale Lenny :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 08:56 PM »
as above shocked one of the old guard getting out  :'( , glws len

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 09:04 PM »
A shame indeed Lenny  :-[ hold out on the sale until after MK as you never know you might get your mojo back then  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

griff

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Nothing wrong with thinning out the herd a bit, but getting out? hardly the case as you'll still be on the rides, coming on here & to MK and you'll still have more bikes than me  :LolLolLolLol:

See you at MK Len  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 09:34 PM »
So do ya want that boot it took me months to find  ;D

ya big poof
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Hey Brother,
 Do what you feel you need to do part withh the bikes youy feel gove you no pleasure to own anymore but do not do what you think you'll regret.

Do not part with the two bikes  you know have to stay in Wigan.... :smitten: :smitten:

Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 07:48 AM »
Thanks guys for all the messages , texts , calls , and chats. No big dramas at Baldie central just realised you dont need so much stuff to enjoy BMX ..... also thanks for all the interest in my z rim collection  :LolLolLolLol: 

just to be clear im no panic or rush to sell and as 1 clown on ebay(who sadly is also a radster) who used 3 ebay accounts (your post code, location history gave you away ) im not desperate for money either so i wont be giving my stuff away like the milky bar kid  :LolLolLolLol:

Never posted up in the  "me and my bike " section so ...... over the weekend im gona get the bikes out and take a few photos .  like i said earlier ... frames have to be sold before the zds . and as i have stuff on ebay at the moment im gona let them run their course before i split them up  :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I think we all reach that 'do I really need all that much stuff?' scenario Len. :-\

Glad to hear after our messages that you're not getting rid of everything, and that you're still gonna be coming on the rides etc - even though you missed Chester. :(

I think the title of this thread has been a bit misleading Pal, it should've said, 'Time To Sell The Crap'. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Snav

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 09:41 AM »
It'll pass over Lenney  :daumenhoch:

I was calling it a day just before xmas as I too wasn't feeling it anymore  :-[

But I'm loving the whole thing over again  :D  :2funny:

Stupid Hobby  :crazy2:

:-*
Living in the Wigan part of Warrington since Birth :knuppel2:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 09:45 AM »
It'll pass over Lenney  :daumenhoch:

I was calling it a day just before xmas as I too wasn't feeling it anymore  :-[

But I'm loving the whole thing over again  :D  :2funny:

Stupid Hobby  :crazy2:

:-*

That's good to hear Paul, and I guess it's a lot harder for you to keep interested as with the issues your back must be giving you. Let's face it, these kids bikes aren't the best to ride at the best of times.  ::) :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Sometimes its healthy to step away and leave it alone for a couple of weeks. You can also have too much stuff and if you're tight for space I think it can take the magic out of your builds especially if you can't see them properly. Right now, getting across my bike room is like a challenge from the Krypton Factor, just yesterday morning I couldn't be arsed to make my way across it to grab a seat post clamp.  :crazy2:
I don't know if any of this is relevant to you Lennie but I guess my point is sometimes "less is more" and fingers crossed once you've finished your cull you'll get your mojo back  :daumenhoch:

Offline Snav

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:17 AM »
Yeah I'm having a nightmare with my back Dan but when I'm tinkering with the old bikes it sort of gives me some pain relief as I'm not thinking about it  :)

I have a new surgeon now so fingers crossed he can do something  :)

See you at MK and you too Lenny  :daumenhoch:
Living in the Wigan part of Warrington since Birth :knuppel2:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 10:24 AM »
Yeah I'm having a nightmare with my back Dan but when I'm tinkering with the old bikes it sort of gives me some pain relief as I'm not thinking about it  :)

I have a new surgeon now so fingers crossed he can do something  :)

See you at MK and you too Lenny  :daumenhoch:

Defo mate, glad to hear that there's some progress finally with the back. Have a good trip to Germany too. :daumenhoch:

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 06:44 AM »
Lenny,

I ve been to B&Q and bought a Lenny impregnable padlock and its going on your man cave door at the weekend.....  :LolLolLolLol:  what you can't get to you can't sell  :LolLolLolLol:
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  time to sell up

gfxgfx
gfx gfx