gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 09:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What's the crack??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What's the crack??  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Re: What's the crack??
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2013, 10:18 AM »
Agreed on both counts there gents. I always try to post on everybody's builds regardless of what it is, Burner to VDC. All builds are created by the vision of the owner and what may look un-agreeable to some, will float someone else's' boat but, variety is the spice of life and each one deserves a contribution and applause  :coolsmiley:

There is always the chat box that no-one uses. Nothing like live banter too  :D  ;D
BANNED

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 10:20 AM »
I've been on that chat box a few times - every time I go on the one person there logs off. Trying to tell me something eh?  ;D
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 11:09 AM »
Agreed on both counts there gents. I always try to post on everybody's builds regardless of what it is, Burner to VDC. All builds are created by the vision of the owner and what may look un-agreeable to some, will float someone else's' boat but, variety is the spice of life and each one deserves a contribution and applause  :coolsmiley:

There is always the chat box that no-one uses. Nothing like live banter too  :D  ;D

I kind of agree with that, but there is simply no place on anything for a snake post!  period!!   ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Yep, Dordy and I were chatting last night and it's a bit quiet on here. Combination of the site being down for a while meant we had to start entertaining ourselves with other stuff rather than posting on here and also the sun has finally come out so people are beginning to remember that riding a bike is as much (if not more) fun than just building it :2funny:

I personally lost the building o/s bug a couple of years ago and when I missed MK last year I lost it totally and flogged everything except my riders and my old 'Goose. I ride as often as I can at ramp nights and pub rides and enjoy actually having a laugh with you all in person when I can make it. Unfortunately I injured myself with a stupid mistake at the Boardroom and haven't riden for 5 weeks now which has taken my interest down a notch but as soon as I'm back on my bike, no doubt I will be mooching about here more I know :daumenhoch:

I always vote on BOTM even if I don't get time to comment and still love seeing builds, but I'm not loosing any sleep about searching for parts any more :-\

See you all soon you loons :crazy2:
Still limping......

rodriguez

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Does seem a bit quiet probably hasn't been helped by the forum going down and a bit of a slow down in terms of peeps building.

Other forums that have nowt to do with BMX I go on are a bit slow too I put it down to the time of year and good weather.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 06:58 PM »
Couldn't agree more with what Chris & Midschooljohn said,

Even 6 months ago the site was brimming with for sale threads & some good parts were still coming through plus the site was easier to navigate & it can get a (little) confusing as to where to post what.

I dont k now if it's money or what but it's impossible to shift a F&F set in the for sale section on here for anything like what i paid less than 6 months ago. I don't know if it's the price of things or that people (expect) something for nothing on here but i'm moving all the stuff i have to sell on to the bay & maybe not even have it listed in the UK  as it's just the same people scanning the listings there as it is on here.

Still loving RAD though .

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 10:17 PM »
I think this post isn't going to win me any friends...

In the past few years that i've been on RAD i've witnessed the site slowly derail. Before it fell over I was noticing that the majority of posts had nothing to do with BMX, it was either babe of the day or "my worst shag" and other unrelated bollocks, worse was the proliferation of opinionated posts littered with negativity and hatred - i'm not for a second criticising peoples opinions but none of it I would describe as RAD and certainly not fun.  Personally I come on here to enjoy myself and to escape into the hobby however, most of what gets posted is irrelevant.

Myself and a few others have started to populate the new site with our old builds or photos showing various parts which is great, if more people joined in then it would stimulate more interest, but you have to stoke a fire to make it burn, not just sit there and hope it'll happen.

The other thing i've noticed is that i've had PMs from newer members asking for advice on parts and prices as they're too afraid to list a part in case they get shot down in flames by some of the long term members (of which i'm not) - that isn't healthy. We have to remember that we all started somewhere and arrogance will certainly not energise this hobby - more kill it.

If someone builds a bike, celebrate the effort don't pick holes in it. We learn and refine as we go, but thats motivated via encouragement and improved with the knowledge of others.  Knowledge is a gift that should be shared, not a throne to sit on.

So people share your builds, list your parts in the threads be it a Dicta freewheel or 1st Gen Campy Skyways, lets give those guys over on the Museum a run for their money!  :daumenhoch:

Point in case !

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,164276.0.html

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 11:04 PM »
Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.........Christ you should give single track world a look, people ask pathetic questions like......what coloured frame goes best with white forks! I kid you not.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2013, 12:02 AM »
Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.........Christ you should give single track world a look, people ask pathetic questions like......what coloured frame goes best with white forks! I kid you not.

red and yellow and pink and blue, orange and purple and green, i can see a rainbow,

fook it send then the link :LolLolLolLol:

http://www.ralcolor.com/
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline senzo milano

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2013, 05:50 AM »
Why is Rad so dead these days? I see so many members and guests logged on but not much happening. There's a handful of people making posts etc etc and even BOTM was a bit of a let down, IMO (not build wise but the amount of entries)  :(

I know MK is around the corner but it has never been this quiet. Is it money? Do people not have it anymore and feel staying away from here helps them to not get pulled into buying something??

Even the Museum and RB has quietened down with Rewind becoming virtually non existent  :shocked:

What's your opinions guys   ???

Maybe the time of year (holiday season) and the summer  8) . More people spend time outside.

When the afterseason will come the people will come back i think  ;) .
Big bobbles ,no troubles

Offline scary_leary

• Rated:
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2013, 07:42 AM »

I was noticing that the majority of posts had nothing to do with BMX, it was either babe of the day or "my worst shag" and other unrelated bollocks

The worst shag thread was the lowest rad has ever been.

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2013, 08:26 AM »

:2funny:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 07:26 PM »
we all have our ups and downs in everything we do-that's life-as for ebay prices I bought a nos blue dc clamp this week for £62 and a couple of years ago peeps were wanting around the hundred mark  :shocked: and did anyone see that basically nos blue square edged tuf neck stem in blue on ebay for £100  :shocked: by the time I had clicked the buy it now button it had gone  :'(

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2013, 09:20 PM »
I agree with some of the prev posts and also for me due to losing my job money has been tight so ive not built anything this year so had no questions or pics to show.

Tried to stay involved went to MK and done the 26 charity ride with a few of the guys last weekend.

Im sure now the rainy weather is back we will have a bit more input as we cant spend more than 5mins with our other halfs  :coolsmiley:
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

Offline OllyHall

• Flip-Whip
  • Dannywhac is a fooking hippy!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 07:06 AM »
It's 100% to do with the weather ,now the rain is bk we will all be festering on the sofa board and spending money we don't have!
Mid school baby!!

Offline dj B silverlite

• Rated:
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2013, 06:07 PM »
For me I started slowing down when money wasnt as flush and then the rad crash. before it went offline i logged on everyday. now its every other day just to have a poke around. I personally will think about selling alot of my parts back on as I have boxes and boxes of stuff. Ill keep most of my completes as they look lovely on the wall and are a good talking point. I do wonder wether to sell the lot and put the money to something else but I cannot bring myself to choose one to sell.
Im sure ill b on here more in the winter. Hell I got a streatbeat to finish but ive been looking for the right brakes and powerdisk and the tyres......one day  :slayer:

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2013, 08:03 PM »
For me it was when the site went down. The longer it stayed down the more I lost interest.

I started to do other things and catch up on diy jobs.

But I'm just starting to come back around.

Just hope the site doesn't crash again

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What's the crack??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx