gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975617 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 21, 2024, 09:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Style or Content?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Style or Content?  (Read 3221 times)

theRuler

Re: Style or Content?
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 12:57 PM »
cowboy at bristol radbmx meet, 2005
and the only time i have ever worn a helmet for bmx

P0LL0

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Rock and Roll!!!!! I must admit i cant remember ever seeing those pics before........never, got any more??? :10_2_12: :10_2_12:

theRuler

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2006, 01:08 PM »
i have many many more

P0LL0

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Go on then.....................you know you want to  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 01:51 PM »
graeme is THE endo king  :4_17_5:.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2006, 03:37 PM »
New school certainly floats my boat now, the tricks are knarly and far beyond anything done BITD (watch Road Fools 14, Dave Mirra's promo video, last years Backyard Jam, BMX Masters, etc if you have any doubts)...but where would we be without the early pioneers?

I agree the old days things are more graceful, but the power and commitment of these new guys is simply awesome.

A few guys still combine both attributes though:

Mat Hoffman
Jamie Bestwick
Dave Osato
Dave Mirra
Ryan Nyquist

to name just a few...

Me? I love it all. It's all BMX and it all rocks.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2006, 07:48 PM »
I was chatting to someone on Sunday at MK and we were discussing this thread. They made a very good point that all the riders we saw pictures off back then were all in team gear and really looked the part. Nowadays they're all in jeans and T-shirts.

stoke bloke

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 11:28 AM »
 Gotta agree with G in that i feel that the nu skool riders have more style than the old skool. sure there are exceptions but i think that on the whole the kids  of today ride with so much confidence smoothness and style , not to mention the size of their balls. if you don't believe me just get down to any set of trails, indoor park , good track ,street spot. sit back and enjoy.
 also ,when you talk to a lot of the young uns they are very aware of the style content , i think that it plays a big part  in their riding. i think that some of the differences in opinion just stem from the differences in fashion regarding tricks / forms of riding , riding definately follows fashions , but that is a whole different discussion :)
 nostalgia is a  dangerous thing. you know when you are getting old when you start saying,    " ( insert subject here) was much better when i was a kid"  you old gits ;D
 it has evolved from a craze to a legitimate sport/lifestyle where style will really start to play a big part particularly if freestyle ever reaches the olympics.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Style or Content?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx