gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My Mid School/Life Crisis
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Mid School/Life Crisis  (Read 1353 times)

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
My Mid School/Life Crisis
« on: July 02, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Old school race bikes are usually my thing but seem to be leaning more and more towards Mid school race bikes. When i first got back into Bmx after nearly 30 yrs (before i found Rad) i was on the look out for a GT rider on ebay and picked up a 92' GT Interceptor. Thinking to myself "that'll do, i can go down the local track now with my lad" i found the museum and Rad and the building bug started kicking in. So first objective was to get a GT Pro Nora like i had bitd then whatever else came along. What did come along was a 83' Redline 600a frame off ebay.com for 20 odd quid then a 97' Powerlite P17 (very low end) for pennies off ebay again and local pick-up to boot. So i was up and running so to speak. Then along came the GT Pro Nora i'd been after then an 81' Robinson Expert (both off Rad) so my Old/Mid school collection seemed to be taking shape until i found an Elf Doublecross on ebay on a buy it now for a fooking bargain. Now i'd been looking at all sorts of bikes on the museum (like you do) including all the bikes i never knew existed like all the Mid school types. Fav'ed a few Mid school bikes along with all the Old school bikes i could only ever dream of owning bitd, but as time's gone by i'm being drawn to the variety and difference that Mid school seems to offer. Seen a TNT f&f for sale at MK last year for a steal and i've been kicking myself for not getting it ever since. I actually think it's the TNT that's sown the Mid school seed for me and that Cyclecraft by midschooljon is truely awesome. Robinson, Torker, Patterson, Kuwahara, Redline, PK Ripper, GT Pro was all on my hit list but now apart from the GT Pro which is gonna get built i'm thinking more along the lines of TNT, Elf, Auburn, S&M, Cyclecraft, Nomura (wishful thinking perhaps). The builds i've done so far have all been built to ride so anymore i put together will also be rode so after my P17 (built for the wife) and my Interceptor the Elf will be getting a bit of treatment but will be generally a survivor build. Thanks for listening and you'll have to excuse me if i ask any daft questions in the coming months (i'm a Mid school newbie).
My Mid school collection starts here :  :daumenhoch:

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

"WWG1WGA"

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Re: My Mid School/Life Crisis
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:11 PM »
I read it...................................... can someone fix my eyes now please  :LolLolLolLol:

Great to see some passion chief  :4_17_5:
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:15 PM »
Nice one  :daumenhoch:

Lovely looking Double Cross that - just my opinion, but lower the seat post and turn the seat guts around, lose the headset lock nut and it'd be spot on.

And then have a browse of the S&M Challengers and Standard 125's over on the Museum (and here) and prepare to drool  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 11:24 PM »
Nice one  :daumenhoch:

Lovely looking Double Cross that - just my opinion, but lower the seat post and turn the seat guts around, lose the headset lock nut and it'd be spot on.

And then have a browse of the S&M Challengers and Standard 125's over on the Museum (and here) and prepare to drool  :daumenhoch:
That's how i picked it up ! Bars, stem, seat, crankset and pedals have already gone. May take a while but they're the bits i'm replacing plus a set of stickers.  :daumenhoch:

"WWG1WGA"

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 11:35 PM »
nice to see another race bike dude. freestylers blurgh  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03 AM »
nice to see another race bike dude. freestylers blurgh  :LolLolLolLol:
:LolLolLolLol: Especially them Haro's.  ;D

"WWG1WGA"

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52 AM »
Im shifting all my old school stuff and sticking with mid school now, some recent events helped me make that decision and the cost of a full os build is just not justifiable to me althought mid school is getting pretty pricey these days.

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 09:00 AM »
That was my TNT f&f for sale @ MK last year.

Was well surprised it didn't sell for £130 do stuck it on eBay when I got home and got £180 for it  :D
Ride it like its stolen

Offline CustardLips

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53 AM »

Was well surprised it didn't sell for £130 do stuck it on eBay when I got home and got £180 for it  :D
Feel much better now.  :(  :LolLolLolLol:

"WWG1WGA"

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 02:13 PM »
You can't beat mid school I'm hooked on it after building old school,there's some amazing stuff out there it's just finding it :daumenhoch:
Tnt stem for example :LolLolLolLol:

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Was that the black TNT HFD? Pretty sure I offered you more then £130 (more then £180 in fact) for it and you didnt want to let it go.  :LolLolLolLol:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49 PM »

Was that the black TNT HFD? Pretty sure I offered you more then £130 (more then £180 in fact) for it and you didnt want to let it go.  :LolLolLolLol:

No Jon I had the chrome TNT pro XL
Ride it like its stolen

Offline midschooljon

• Flip-Whip
    • Make Your Bones
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:05 PM »

No Jon I had the chrome TNT pro XL

:daumenhoch:
***Wanted - Cash waiting***
RAMP ROOM HOFFMAN FLASH
ELF Double Cross XL.
UGP plates and pad sets
Mid School Race Kit

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My Mid School/Life Crisis

gfxgfx
gfx gfx