gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 08:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  THIS IS WHY EBAY IS SHIT
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: THIS IS WHY EBAY IS SHIT  (Read 2364 times)

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: THIS IS WHY EBAY IS SHIT
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30 AM »
What has possibly happened here is a collector from the bmx politically correct society who has too much time has reported the advert.

Yep....Guaranteed!!

Personally I dont mind the additional keywords.....I have come to expect it.  I know what I am looking for and can simply filter that search by looking at the thumbnail photo.

Adding multiple keywords can be a bit like getting a free plug, a bit of advertising in a sense.  Similar to if you walked into a supermarket with intentions to buy a bottle of milk....but in the middle of the milk aisle, with no relevance whatsoever....there it is....shining bright and in everyones vision.....is the managers special offer of a fast boil stainless kettle.

You actually didnt want to buy the kettle but in fact....the one youve got at home is playing up so you decide to buy it.  Its just marketing....its everywhere....dont let it stress you  :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 07:46 AM »
I like the fact that that your listing has all the other top brand names in as I then go on to look futher,  its not like it list 3,000,000 pages of crap,  usually just 1 or 2 pages of decent stuff that I can go through,  now if I type 'old school bmx', 98% of the stuff isn't old school bmx and that's what pisses me off,  2500 items of complete shite!
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 08:59 AM »
What has possibly happened here is a collector from the bmx politically correct society who has too much time has reported the advert.

if it is i have my suspicions as to who it was , its either someone who gave me a load of attitude last week on the bay & i've barred them from bidding on my auctions or it's someone on here who's clearly a flipper & i told them as much the other day in a pm.

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 09:53 AM »

if it is i have my suspicions as to who it was , its either someone who gave me a load of attitude last week on the bay & i've barred them from bidding on my auctions or it's someone on here who's clearly a flipper & i told them as much the other day in a pm.

I wonder who? ::)

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09 AM »

I wonder who? ::)

Not who you are thinking mate...  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Callum, in the first instant, no one at Ebay will ever read your reply. The first instant would have been a computer generated mail after you added a keyword like GT for instance. Your reply, though valued to you, would just get binned off. They make their policies and that's it. You won't have someone sitting there going through all the 1000's of replies to a 'removal of post'.

Not digging at you in any way, I was merely pointing out my approval of Ebay's policy in this instance mate  :daumenhoch:

No Worries mate, but i did get a reply a bloody brilliant one too  :daumenhoch:!!!

Hello Callum,

My name is Kate and I'll be pleased to assist you with the removal of your Callipers listing.

I understand that the callipers are compatible with the brands that you had stated in the title. However, action was taken on your listing in line with our policies.

The Search and Browse Manipulation policy aims to help buyers get relevant items in search results without trawling through numerous irrelevant ones. Per the policy, brand names not related to the item, should not be used in the listing.

Buyers searching for products by the brands you stated in the title with "Haro, Hutch DP Rickman Gt Skyway" as a search string, would be presented with your item too. This would lead to manipulation of search results. You may remove the brand names from the title and state clearly that the callipers are compatible with these brands in the description.

I understand that most listings on eBay may not confuse you. However, we require items to be listed in compliance of our policies to ensure shopping on eBay is a great experience for all our members.

If you find listings that that are misleading or questionable in any way, you may always report them to us. The quickest way to do this is by using the 'Report Item' link at the right hand side of the listing page. We'll review them and take appropriate action in line with our policies.

Further, I've forwarded your concern regarding Nike Blazer trainers showing up when you log in to our Customer Support team. They'll get back to you via email.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Kate Robson
eBay Trust & Safety
[THREAD ID: 1-10529283189]

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  THIS IS WHY EBAY IS SHIT

gfxgfx
gfx gfx