gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro sport ID
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro sport ID  (Read 716 times)

andy619

Haro sport ID
« on: August 02, 2006, 03:55 PM »
My roofer that is working on my construction site turned out to be an old Del Mar skatepark local and good friend of Ron Wilton.  We got to talking about the good old days and he tells me that he still has his Haro sport from BITD.  I asked him what his plans are for the bike and he said he wasn't sure.  I asked him to get the serial number from it and this is it, tee 0083hs.  How do I ID the year of the bike from these numbers?  He told me that it was Ron Wiltons bike from the first year that the sport came out.  Thanks Andy.

greentoad

Re: Haro sport ID
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Hmmm

That'll make people very happy.

Looks to me like it might be a Gen 1 Torker built Haro Sport -

T = Torker, EE = Month (June?), 83 = Build Number (So Early), and HS for Haro Sport and year will be 1984.

Great Find and needs to be photographed too.

I'm sure Jay, Dan and Moose will be interested in this.

NB - Haro Registry

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=007980#000000

I also reckon this might be a very, very rare bike  ;)

J.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:19 PM by greentoad »

andy619

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Thanks greentoad, now I'll have to see what it will take to pry this bike from his hands.  I will have him take some pics for me and will post.  The guy also told me that Ron Wilton still has some of his old bikes and parts to, I'm going to get Rons phone number from him today and see if I can get more info and an inventory list from Ron as well.

Side note 1:  Bob Haros cousin also worked on my site, he was trying to find some of those old plastic brake levers from the real early 80's for me.

Side note 2:  My concrete foreman says he has an 84 GT performer, an 84 dyno pit bike and some other old goodies.

Side note 3:  I am restoring an old historic building in San Diego.

I don't think that all of these things can be a coincedence(sp), it must be destiny.  It should be interesting to see what I end up with by the end of this.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:37 PM »
OMG!!!!

You've just described a first generation '84 sport. So far I think there's only 1 still known to survive and it's owned by Jay. I'd be VERY interested in buying this frame and fork if you can pry it out of his hands.........pleeeeeeaaase :daumenhoch:

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Cool , Phil straight in there ,Lol

Yeah , sport serial number alright .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro sport ID

gfxgfx
gfx gfx